Supercard Team releases fix for 1.4 DSi firmware!

tempBOT

The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
sclogo.gif
Supercard Team releases fix for 1.4 DSi firmware!
1.4 fix for Supercard DSonei

dsonei-card.png

The Supercard team has released an update which let you use the DSonei on a DSi with 1.4 firmware
The fix uses the header of the game 'Star Wars: Lethal Alliance', so the icon also has changed.

You can update the DSonei with the included USB firmware writer, which takes about 8 minutes.

icon11.gif
English forum source
icon11.gif
Chinese forum source
download.gif
English Fix
download.gif
Chinese Fix
discuss.png
Discuss

Contributed by sebastiaan4489

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Eon-Rider said:
8 minutes is quite a long time compared to the quick upgrade of Acekard 2i. o.o;

yeah.. is a little too long (mine was 7 minutes)
during the process the LED will keep blinking
once it is done it will be green
tongue.gif

just like the instruction

after that my SCDS1i become STAR WARS LETHAL ALLIANCE
tongue.gif

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A Star Wars game is a pretty big name; hopefully LucasArts doesn't come down on Supercard for this... I figured one of the reasons THQ games were chosen for the EZVi and Ackard was, perhaps, they figured the company might not be particularly litigious.

Hopefully at some point in the future, a way is found to get these devices working again without using the icon/name of a real game.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
Ah well I'll bet the M3 team arent gonna half-ass the icon spoofing
frown.gif
Though I'll Probably have to eat those words...

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sterl500 said:
frown.gif
frown.gif
From what I've read, Nintendo now also hash-checks the icons.
If they do not coincide with any commercial game in the whitelisted games list, it automatically blocks the flashcard.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now to check the Supercard forums to see how the "ZOMG SUPERCARD ABANDONED US" people are doing. I swear, nobody knows the meaning of patience these days. "EZ-FLASH AND ACEKARD DID IT WHY CAN'T SUPERCARD DO IT ZOMG I JUST BOUGHT A HYPER-R4 BECAUSE SUPERCARD SUCKS AND THEY LIED TO US AND I'M NEVER BUYING FROM THEM EVER AGAIN *slitwrist* "

So yeah. Might try this update myself eventually, though since I don't have a DSi it's not that important at the moment.

EDIT: From reading the posts on the SC forum, it looks like this update only works for microSD cards up to 4 GB in size. Multiple people have reported that it doesn't work with 16 GB cards, and one person has reported it not working with his 8 GB card. This seems to be a fairly important fact that should probably be posted in the first post. Might help prevent future complaints.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DanTheManMS said:
And now to check the Supercard forums to see how the "ZOMG SUPERCARD ABANDONED US" people are doing. I swear, nobody knows the meaning of patience these days. "EZ-FLASH AND ACEKARD DID IT WHY CAN'T SUPERCARD DO IT ZOMG I JUST BOUGHT A HYPER-R4 BECAUSE SUPERCARD SUCKS AND THEY LIED TO US AND I'M NEVER BUYING FROM THEM EVER AGAIN *slitwrist* "

So yeah. Might try this update myself eventually, though since I don't have a DSi it's not that important at the moment.
Yeah, I read those trash topics too... Dumbasses, SC team are just WAY better than those clones.

Ontopic: ZOMG SUPERCARD DIDN'T ABANDON US!!!11!1 Well, I'll LOL every time I load my SC now.
laugh.gif

wireles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My supercard doesn't want to update, i put the bin file in my sd card root, then i put it back in my supercard and then i hooked my supercard to the writer, but the light stays red... , i'm using 4gig kingston

never mind, there explanation sucked, instead of root you have to put the file in the system map; the firmware map

MicroChip123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Sterl500 said:
frown.gif
frown.gif
From what I've read, Nintendo now also hash-checks the icons.
If they do not coincide with any commercial game in the whitelisted games list, it automatically blocks the flashcard.
If its just icons why dont the teams just use the icons and have the game names.
also if thats the case what happens when a new game is made does 1.4 block it? no. so there must be more to it than that!

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The games aren't exactly on a whitelist. Instead, the hash stored in the header is validated by taking the icon and game title and running some algorithm. If the result is equal to the hash, then the game is ran, otherwise you get the 'failed to run' error.

(That's just a guess
biggrin.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc