Hacking Supercard MicroSD

bobbyblunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romman has announced that the Supercard MicroSD will be out at the end of the month. It will fit flush with the Lite. No word on if it will be the same color as the dust cover or the traditional Supercard blue/purple.

I'm not so sure if a card can be made flush with a micro-SD adapter.
EZ-Flash couldn't do it. Ewinflash couldn't do it, and now NEO couldn't do it.
There is simply not enough room. So expect a little bit of sticking out.

M3LV1N

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:

What about the M3 team claiming their lite product will be flush with the adapter? There are mods that can be done to the EZ4Lite to make it fit into the ds lite gba cover. Possibly all of them are doing it wrong.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
after getting EZ flash lite i'm completely satisfied with their product. 0.8mm is neglible. Taken from bird's eye view, you don't even see the thing sticking out. only at 45 angle do you see it. At side ways, the amount that's sticking out is almost the same as the volume button sticking out.

bobbyblunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

What about the M3 team claiming their lite product will be flush with the adapter? There are mods that can be done to the EZ4Lite to make it fit into the ds lite gba cover. Possibly all of them are doing it wrong.

I've never heard of those mods. You got a link?
But if you look at the new neo product, I can't see how you can get a micro-SD adapter in there with no sticking out:
neo2-tf-1.JPG

neo2-tf-case-3d.jpg

Sodeju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dear Robin van der Molen,

You can buy SuperCard Lite in the end of this month.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regard.
romman
Phone: +86 755 2643 5199
Fax: +86 877 2642 5699
www.supercard.cn
2006-07-07

SuperCardStore

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.SuperCardStore.com
XP
Country
No, sorry, I do not have any. I have bought them 'blind' because I do not think it much of a risk - romman has always kept his word to the letter in the past, and the entire range has a consistent history of regular firmware updates to resolve new and unexpected issues.
When he launched new products previously, he sent me out pictures and a price list a few days in advance to give me a chance to stock before release - I guess the same thing will happen with this product, so you will be able to see them on the official site on launch day.
It takes a week for my order to arrive from China, so I might not be able to take photos until a few days after the official launch, depending on when they arrive.
He only sent official pictures to me about the SuperCard SD, for example, three days before it was launched (23May05) - my stock did not arrive until after his far eastern resellers got theirs.
If I post pictures when he sends them to me, I guess he will end the practice of sending me out advance details of new products, so I will not do that. I have pressed him for a roadmap, but I reckon nobody can figure out what will happen next in the world of flash carts, so all plans are short term.
I am trying to read the market and guess what products will be available - it's one of the bits of being in business I enjoy.

Madrigal

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
^ I don't think that's possible. The reader for a MiniSD card is just too big to be able to make it the same size as the GBA slot cover. Romman has already confirmed it will be MicroSD anyway.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looks sweet but I still wish they would stay with Mini-SD as its much faster and has bigger capacities then Micro-SD. What does all that Asian writing say on that page? All I get is EZPASS3?

FifthE1ement

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?