Hacking Supercard Lite Rumble review

megatron_lives

OP
Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
I been playing with the new supercard lite rumble for a while and have been requested by supercardstore.co.uk to do a review.

I don't know if I can be bothered as it's more or less the same as the supercard lite. So I wondered if anyone would want to see a review for this product incase they are interested in getting one themselves.

- It's basically a Supercard lite with no RAM (no GBA support) and a rumble!!-

Yes or no, whatever, just wanted to know

Thanks friends

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it is dirt cheap. It is cheaper to buy the rumble now than it was to buy a superkey a while ago.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you do a Rumble review all you really have to work with is how well “Metroid Prime
Pinball” works with it & the price factor. But you have to give it up for the SC team for
at least trying something new, unlike the competitors that have stripped GBA compatibility
from there cart & offered nothing new. Lets hope they get it working right with all the other
rumble games soon.

megatron_lives

OP
Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
I agree with you catscam - I've been asked to do it like I said, I don't really want to as I understand this isn't fundamentally a new product.

Well I've heard enough, I think I can close this thread with the idea that I won't waste my time righting a review for supercardstore.co.uk.

Thanks for your input, I was just unsure as noone's commented on the rumble first hand, they've just asked should they get one.

For the record, I only got one as I have lost interest in GBA roms and the price cannot be argued with. I don't even use the rumble!!! So it's just a cheap SC lite to me.

Thanks again

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If i had to choose between supercard lite rumble and ez4 compact, i'd choose ez4 cuz it looks nicer without the crack in the middle and the hole for the microSD.

i own supercard lite myself

edit:
I forgot to say that it is also because I dont' really care about rumble.

D

Deleted User

I bought a Supercard Rumble SD just to see what it was like. It only cost me $30 AUS. It's o.k, I call it my fart card because that what the rumble sounds like. I'm not impressed with the fact that it doesn't actually support games with the rumble feature in them.

megatron_lives

OP
Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
Regarding support of games with rumble feature in them, I think the supercard team will be putting this in with the new update of the software.

And yeah, it does make a noise likie a fart - especially if you crank the intensity of the rumble up!!!

vEGA-rJ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
@Megatron

Speaking in terms of battery life, how is the supercard rumble? The same of normal supercard lite, or better?
I was wondering this, because in their commercial the supercard team state:

+New Power Save design, extend playing time

is this true?

D

Deleted User

I hope you're right. I think the intensity is just the length of time the rumble rumbles. I put it down to 10 on one application and all it seemed to do was decrease the time of the rumble. Don't get me wrong I like the card and it was money well spent but you still have to 'patch' the 'applications' in the loading software, so not much has changed really.

D

Deleted User

@Megatron

Speaking in terms of battery life, how is the supercard rumble? The same of normal supercard lite, or better?
I was wondering this, because in their commercial the supercard team state:

is this true?
Seems to be true I've been getting more time out of my SD rumble but if you crank on the rumble it uses more power obviously.

vEGA-rJ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
thanx saturnplanet5 ... I've a supercard miniSD, and I'm thinking to buy a sclr , due to its extend playing time, as i'm not interested in rumble function and i'm not anymore interested in gba roms...

redmanmark86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well after your great suggestios before i got a super card lite rumble, not becuase of the rumble but because of the dirt cheap price and the fact i dont really care about GBA games, maybe the odd RPG im going to miss out on, but if i really want i can always emulate on the PC i guess...

anyway if you want im more then happy to give a review ago, i also own the original metroid pinball and rumble pack so i cna give u a comparison of how they match each other, unfortunetly i wont be able to do a flashed DS to flashed DS for about antoher 2/3 weeks as my supercard lite for obvious reason doesn't fit in my brothers or my other old DS's GBA slot for me to flash them.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If i had to choose between supercard lite rumble and ez4 compact, i'd choose ez4 cuz it looks nicer without the crack in the middle and the hole for the microSD.

i own supercard lite myself

edit:
I forgot to say that it is also because I dont' really care about rumble.

The supercard lite rumble has a new case design, no more crack in the middle
biggrin.gif

Also it loads games faster then supercard lite, and also has a new menu, it's nicer.
And the rumble patch for metroid prime pinball works perfect
smile.gif

redmanmark86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well for me personally it loads so quick that i dont even notice it loading, from me pressing the a button to slect my game and letting go of the a button, the game has already started.... fair enought ultimate spiderman is sitll broken but thats the only game i have come across so far and have 50 odd games on my card, saying that, the list gets smaller and smaller everyday as i remove the pointless rubbish ones...

megatron_lives

OP
Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
@Megatron

I was wondering this, because in their commercial the supercard team state:

is this true?

I guess so. I can't tell you compared to the normal supercard (I don't have one) but as Saturnplanet5 says it seems ok.

Also regarding loading times - lightning!!

Also redmanmark86, glad you like the SCL rumble and agree with me i guess. I don't want GBA on my DS. I think most GBA games released at the mo, or at least older ones, are pretty lame with limited gameplay; and you can just check them out on your PC if you want, ya know.

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well for me personally it loads so quick that i dont even notice it loading, from me pressing the a button to slect my game and letting go of the a button, the game has already started.... fair enought ultimate spiderman is sitll broken but thats the only game i have come across so far and have 50 odd games on my card, saying that, the list gets smaller and smaller everyday as i remove the pointless rubbish ones...

Strange becuase ultimate spiderman works for me and I have an scCF.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Party DJ :P