supercard issue - 3ds xl

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by ultima6657, Nov 3, 2013.

1. ultima6657
    OP

ultima6657 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2013
    California City, California
    I have updated to the latest 3ds firmware and i was greeted with the an error has occured message when i go to load up my dstwo. (it has been a while since i updated it) i went to the dstwo website, copied the ds2 1.23 firmware patch to the root of my sd card, made sure i had the eos etc. I applied the update on my 3ds by waiting 3 minutes, but it still gives me the same error message. What can i do?

2. ultima6657
    OP

ultima6657 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2013
    California City, California
    anyone know what to do?

3. Acampbell128

Acampbell128 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2013
    United States
    Warner Robins, Georgia
    Try this, put the update files on the sd card turn the 3ds completely off. With the dstwo plugged in, press the power button, start mashing the "A" button til you see a white screen. And it should update. I have to do the "a" button trick every time i want to use the dstwo(minus the update files) from power off or the main 3ds menu.

4. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    that isn't normal. you should never have to mash the a button to get the ds2 to work after you power cycle your 3ds. have you reported this to supercard or at the very least, posted about it in their official forum?

ultima6657: firmware updates to the scds2 should be applied before updating the 3ds firmware. once the 3ds firmware is updated, you can't boot the card, so you can't run the scds2 update. make sense? there is a way around this, and it requires renaming the scds2 update file to dstwoupdateb.dat. put the file in root then try to run the ds2. you'll get the message about it not working, but the update will be running. wait a good while, maybe 5 - 10 minutes to make sure you don't permanently brick your ds2. this method is not recommended. you would be better off finding a lower firmware dsi/3ds or ds phat/lite and running the update the way it was originally designed.

-another world

5. Acampbell128

Acampbell128 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2013
    United States
    Warner Robins, Georgia
    i said something to Supercard about it, there seems to be quite a bit of people who are having the exact same experience.