Supercard DSTWO vs Acekard 2i

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ImperialX, Aug 12, 2011.

Aug 12, 2011
  1. ImperialX
    OP

Member ImperialX GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    As topic stated. Give me a reason why the Supercard is worth the extra money aside from GBA roms?

2. horofrof

Newcomer horofrof Member

Philippines
    yeah i want to know too. supercard is worth twice than acekard2i. is it worth it? and is it possible that a new flashkart will be developed just to play 3ds games? I know nobody knows yet but what are your opinions?...

3. ImperialX
    OP

Japan
    You answered your question already. Nobody knows yet and to be honest I hope it doesn't come out soon. I don't want the 3DS platform to die due to software piracy so soon.

4. horofrof

Newcomer horofrof Member

Philippines
    I agree. Its too early and have not reach its max potential. don't get me wrong im just asking btw.

5. serenade.63

Member serenade.63 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    no reason to have a flashcard for the what like 3 good 3ds titles currently on the market. and i have both scdstwo and ak2i, both play every game i have tried with no problems.. and ive tried around 150 or so, i know that isnt even close to the amount of games on the market but still, 150 and no problems is pretty darn good, scdstwo really isnt worth the extra money unless you REALLY want gba and decent snes emulation and i really wanted those two things, but as far as running homebrew and commercial games ak2i is just as good.

6. horofrof

Newcomer horofrof Member

Philippines
    THANK YOU. This convinced me to buy ak2i this weekend. About the gba and snes emulation, how was it on ak2i?

7. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Platforms I can think of that were HEAVILY pirated on, that at one time were or still are considered some of the most successful platforms ever: Apple 2, C=64, DOS based PC's, Amiga, PlayStation, Windows based PC's, DS, Wii.

Platforms that did poorly commercially despite little to no piracy: Vectrex (yes, I'm that old), Coleco Vision Adam, Sega Master System, Virtual Boy, Turbo Grafx 16, N64, Sega CD, Neo Geo AVS/CD, 3DO, Atari Jaguar, Sega Saturn, N Gage.

Yeah, piracy is a real system killer.

Back on topic...

The SCDS2 is only worth it if the CPU and cheat searcher is worth it to you.

I use my DSlite and a GBA flash cart or my EZ4 for GBA. I use my PSP for SNES (and most emulation) and video playback, it's better at it. I don't use either for audio, but they can both do that quite easily natively or w/ any flash cart and Moonshell. I DO use my SCDS2 for MAME and DS2x86. Mostly I grab my cheats from cheats.gbatemp.net, but I have used the cheat searcher to find my own on occasion. To run commercial DS ROM's and homebrew for any thing else, I use my EZ5.

If you don't have another better device to run the emulators available for the SCDS2 and they are worth it to you to pay the extra money, yes the SCDS2 is obviously worth it. If you want to use your DS for video play back and the extra cost is worth it to you, then yes. The cheat searcher may be worth it to some as well. If all you do w/ your DS flash cart is play commercial DS ROM's or homebrew, then no.

Edit:
    So you were convinced by the first person who told you what you wanted hear. If GBA is important to you, I hope you have a DS or DSlite and you ordered a 3-in-1 or similar. If you don't or didn't you will not be playing any GBA games w/ your new AceKard, and you will not be able to use it at all for GBA on a DSi/DSiXL/3DS. And for SNES on the AceKard (or any other flash cart that is not the SCDS2) you will need to use SNESDS, SNEmulDS or SnezziDS. Not a single one of those is even CLOSE to the SNES emulator for the SCDS2.

I hope those two items were not important to you.

8. serenade.63

Member serenade.63 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    there is an snes emulator for regular flash carts but im fairly positive it has very very poor compatibility with next to know special chip emulation, and gba emulation is COMPLETELY out of the question for ak2i, though it can act as a pass me device and load gba roms via slot 2... i think.

9. horofrof

Newcomer horofrof Member

Philippines
    ok, I just want to point out that 3ds needs lots of support from the game developers right now and not piracy, thats all. No need to dig deeper.

10. horofrof

Newcomer horofrof Member

Philippines
    uh,no Im planning to play DS games only.

11. ImperialX
    OP

Japan
    How fast are the Acekard team and the Supercard team responding to Nintendo's software updates? Which one has better support?

12. renes2

Member renes2 ~New World~

Germany
    If you want to play normal Games รคhh.Homebrew, buy Acekard 2i.

When you like GBA, AVI and all of this shit ([​IMG]) then buy Supercard DSTWO.