supercard dstwo or gateway 3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by placebooooo, Aug 20, 2013.

1. placebooooo
    OP

placebooooo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    I just finished reading Devin's review and i gotta say it IS something! I am currently debating on weather to get the dstwo card or the gateway card. I want both but i only have the money to purchase one of them. So what do you guys suggest?

again nice review Devin!

2. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States

If you only care about DS Games, go for the DSTwo. If you want a chance to possibly play 3DS games in the future, go for a Gateway, which can also play DS games. Just costs a bit more.

3. Chacaldecg

Chacaldecg Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2013
    Brazil
    Is stupid question...

Gateway working 3ds games And ds games ...

Gateway go !! Now !!

I buy gateway ... I' m From Brazil !

4. MaartenMx

MaartenMx GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2013
    Netherlands
    Gateway, make sure you have the compatible firmware tho!

5. AngryGeek416

AngryGeek416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 17, 2012
    Argentina
    Wait for the DS III

6. Boy12

Boy12 NOT a new member!

Mar 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    Purmerend
  7. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    both

8. Rinnux

Rinnux GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 3, 2010
    United States
    If you have the correct firmware then get a gateway

9. rdurbin

rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    US
    well if your firmware is too high, I would go DSTWO. It is possible that they could make it compatible with newer firmware and you could take the chance on the gateway if your firmware is too new. Myself i have too much invested in the eshop on my 3dsxl, DSTWO seems to be pretty fast with updates, so if your one to always have newest firmware, you can most likely still use DSTWO but there always the possibility of nintendo finally locking the cart out for good.

once they make it so you can have multiple games on one sd card, i may consider getting another 3ds to play games not available on eshop, i like the ability to have multiple games on my system to be played at will (which is why i use eshop and dstwo), imo using gateway to play games with 1 on each card is no different than just swapping out with the real games.

but if your firmware is low enough and you wont miss eshop and dont mind using multiple sdcard or chaning the rom on the card than go for the gateway