Hacking Supercard DSTWO gets dangerously hot even when not in use. Suggest alternatives!

linkenski

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had the DSTWO since I got my 3DS and it still works, which is very convenient so I don't have to use my half-broken DS Lite anymore, and thanks to A9LH I now have all the 3DS games I need right on my homescreen, so I keep in the DSTWO all the time -- that way I can also just have my n3DS in my pocket to be pulled out quickly for train rides (which I take a lot).

Problem is, after an hour or so the DSTWO's CPU-thingy seems to heat up considerably just from being plugged into the system without me even using the cartridge and just today it got so hot I think it was about to violate temperature rules for the system, meaning it could be damaging.

Is there any other flashcard that's useable on 3DS with the latest FW that doesn't do this?

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your DSTWO might be damaged, mine doesn't get hot at all. There are loads of other flashcards compatible with the latest firmware. Actually, thanks to TWL_FIRM patching most (if not all, but I'm not 100% sure about that) flashcards ever released for the DS can be used on the latest firmware as of now.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depending on the model of DSTwo you have, that may or may not be normal.

Older DSTwo's have Screws on the back corner and those ones are less power efficient then some of the newer ones. Newer ones are not held together with a screw, they are held together by glue instead. Those same models are often mislabeled DSTwo Plus units they sent out to fill demand for original DSTwo's and they tend to not get quite as hot.

My recommendation? Either keep your DSTwo not all the way inserted in the slot or get a R4i GOLD 3DS RTS or R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS and use that instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays