Hacking Supercard DS One

ashesburn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering whether anyone has an idea on how the save files work for Supercard DS One. Everytime I save a game (Mario Kart), I don't get a separate .sav file on my microSD card. I understand this is a feature of Supercard DS One to save space. But the problem is when I try playing other games and save them, my save for Mario Kart is gone. Any help on backup of save files is appreciated.

I know this have been mentioned a few times but I just can't seem to get an answer from any of the post. Kindly direct me to the correct topic if there are any. Thanks!

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Theres something wrong with your supercard.

patch saving, clean saving, rts saving should all produce corresponding save files.

Make sure your using the latest software, but otherwise contact your supplier for a replacement.

ashesburn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey sidneyyoung, thanks for the reply. I'm already using the latest OS.

OH, 1 thing I left out. Does it matter whether I check or uncheck the "Enable Patch -> Patch Saving" feature? Would the .sav files be created anyways? I was suspecting that .sav files were not created because of certain settings that I didn't enable (I didn't tick the "Enable Patch" feature).

I also read somewhere about Supermode? What it make a difference? Although I'm not sure how to enable that mode.

Sorry for the long-winded list of questions. It has been bugging me quite sometime now. I got this flashcard from overseas last summer so the chances of getting a replacement might be quite slim.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Supermode is outdated.

You could try patch mode saving, which is the common default, but from your previous description i cannot see it working, since you supercard seems unable to write correctly to the mem card, for what reason i do not know.

Possibly try cleaning the contacts ect..

ashesburn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@sidneyyoung
I'll give "Patch Saver" a shot and see how it goes. I'll clean the contacts too. I strongly believe is some settings that I did not do.

I have 2 different microSD brand, Sandisk and Kingston, therefore I don't see the memory card as a problem.

Do you happen to be using a Supercard DS One as well?

@DanTheManMS
Hiya, no problems at all. The following were displayed.

Code:
Test Flash
flash id ok!
flash ok!

Test sd card
sd ok! no find test file.

Test Psram
psram ok!

Now SuperCard DS Version:
English Ver1.01

Test finished.

-----------------------

I was told that there was a faulty batch of Supercard DS One floating around previously. I'm guessing I've got one of those. Oh well, time to invest in a new one.
frown.gif

-----------------------

Just got a new Supercard DS One SDHC. IT works flawlessly. The .sav files were created without any problems!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: