SuperCard DS one spring porblem?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Roxas Dusk, Nov 23, 2008.

Nov 23, 2008
  1. Roxas Dusk
    OP

Newcomer Roxas Dusk Newbie

United States
    Hello everyone,

I am in the process in receiving a Super Card DS one from DX, and i went searching for any problems and ways to find out if its real or not.

One video said that they had a problem with the spring for the Micro SD card. Should i worry about the problem or no?

Thank you,

xRDx

2. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    I'm pretty sure broken springs are very rare. It probably is bound to happen eventually anyway. I've had mine for over half a year now and it feels the same as when I bought it.

3. SamusKnight2K

Member SamusKnight2K GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The nice thing about the SCDS1 is the SD card doesn't lock in place. So if you're worried about the spring breaking, just insert your SD card until it clicks and then from there on if you have fingernails just slide the SD card in/out of its slot. It comes out fairly easily and you'll never have to worry about the spring breaking if it's permanently depressed. But as a fair warning, should you ever take the SD card out by pressing it down to unlock the spring be certain to keep your finger on the top. Otherwise it's gonna launch that sucker out like a cannon. I almost lost my SD card once on the bus when my finger slipped and it shot out under a seat.

But anyway if it worries you, you could always purposely break or if there's a way, remove the spring from the slot on your own. Personally I've thought about this myself as while the spring is a nice perk, I'm always worried that a slight bump might send my SD card flying out somewhere. It seems to hold the card in firmly on it's own but just enough so you can still easily slide the card in/out with little trouble. So to me the spring almost poses a liability. Then again I'm not sure if anyone's ever ran into that problem on their own if they're careful...

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    When people talk about the microSD spring breaking, they're really talking about the locking mechanism, not the spring. If it was just the spring it wouldn't be much of a problem. The problem is that they insert the card one day and it just pops right out again, so they either have to remove the spring or tape the card in.

MicroSD card slot problems with the SCDS1 seem to be fairly rare.

5. pilotwangs

Member pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    My locking mechanism isn't that great,it makes one side of the Micro SD stick out a bit.

Still works lfine though,and I have had my SC for a while.