Supercard DS(ONE) OS 2.0 released

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Added Realtime Game Guide: Playing game and view Game guide at the same time. Switch between gameplay and reading a game-guide, without restarting! . Hotkey L+R+START+DOWN.
Anyone try this out yet or know how it works? Do you add your own .txt file to your microSD or something like that?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So they added GBA union
frown.gif
? I hope M3 fixes it with their slot2s, or R4 allows you to link with an M3
tongue.gif

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You could already cheat with the save editor, oh and im so happy they brought this out, i read on the mini site to make the .cht files you can use a program called emu-cheat and then use the sc converter. for the gameguide just create a txt file and convert.

peepoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks like Pokemon Pearl and Diamond work now - with onboard patching turned on. Previously they would only work in clean rom mode.

There's a NEW patching option and I have no idea what it does: "Patch SD Card Read Speed"

That sounds like a solution to slow SD memory problems. But is it? Anyone have any idea what that does?

EDIT-
Okay I have no idea how that works. When I ENABLE it, the intro video for Castlevania: DoS is choppy, but when I DISABLE it the video plays fine. I would have thought that'd work the other way around.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
bobrules: You can't even use enable patch on AC:WW with SC DS, so first they have to fix that
wink.gif

I didn't know that the NDS has the ability to tell the temperature!

I wonder... it's either:

Temperature outside via weather service
Temperature of machine itself inside
OR
ambient temperature with use of homebrew device

Can somebody elaborate on this?

It's not accurate at all though.
tongue.gif

Looks like Pokemon Pearl and Diamond work now - with onboard patching turned on. Previously they would only work in clean rom mode.

There's a NEW patching option and I have no idea what it does: "Patch SD Card Read Speed"

That sounds like a solution to slow SD memory problems. But is it? Anyone have any idea what that does?

EDIT-
Okay I have no idea how that works. When I ENABLE it, the intro video for Castlevania: DoS is choppy, but when I DISABLE it the video plays fine. I would have thought that'd work the other way around.
Probably the same thing as the "Fast Read" checkbox from before.
EDIT: I don't know why everyone says D/P didn't work properly before, it's always worked fine for me with SC DS, both the jap and the english version, with and without enable patch
wacko.gif

Nyutan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobrules: You can't even use enable patch on AC:WW with SC DS, so first they have to fix that
wink.gif

I wonder... it's either:

OR

It's not accurate at all though.
tongue.gif

Looks like Pokemon Pearl and Diamond work now - with onboard patching turned on. Previously they would only work in clean rom mode.

That sounds like a solution to slow SD memory problems. But is it? Anyone have any idea what that does?

EDIT-
Okay I have no idea how that works. When I ENABLE it, the intro video for Castlevania: DoS is choppy, but when I DISABLE it the video plays fine. I would have thought that'd work the other way around.
Probably the same thing as the "Fast Read" checkbox from before.
EDIT: I don't know why everyone says D/P didn't work properly before, it's always worked fine for me with SC DS, both the jap and the english version, with and without enable patch
wacko.gif
Patch SD Speed Is making my games save much faster.. And.. Animal Crossing Patches now. Clean rom works
biggrin.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

I wonder... it's either:

OR

Moonshell has always had this feature, and supercards menu is based on moonshell.

QUOTE"best in the world"!

Haha. I love boastful teams
laugh.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My little mini-review on the new SuperCard DS ONE OS V2:

BE CAREFUL WHEN UPDATING AS YOU CAN LOSE YOUR LAST SAVED GAME! You would think I would not be the one to have this happen to me but I did.
wacko.gif
I had been playing Custom Robo for a while now, and I just haven't gotten around to making a backup on my main drive. Well I saw this new update today and copied the files over only to have my Custom Robo save corrupted! This isn't the first time this has happened with the SC1 though, as the device has also deleted saves for no apparent reason many other times (much like the N-Card clones aka DSLinker). And the fact that it writes the save after booting makes copying saves on the device a pain if you forget that the last game you played was the one you are updating. The write on start-up save system should be ditched in place of the instant write-to-memory saves from their previous devices. There are so many less things that can happen when the save is instant rather than 1 to 84 hours later.

This update also requires you to modify the ini file to get the touch screen to be utilized. And many users who don't read the notes for the update will never figure out how to change the screens unless they by chance hit the right button combo. The bigger PDA style icons was a nice addition but they messed up the SD speed menu again with new ratings which required me to tune each of my games to my slower SanDisk 1GB microSD test card. The top screen not changing when flipped is a bug and once a save is corrupted the device refuses to start the ROM saying the device cannot play that type of file. They got rid of that stupid error message on boot, but they replaced it with a blank screen that shows nothing. The touch screen support is still just as clunky and inaccurate as before although the PDA buttons do help since they ARE HUGE! I think performance has improved a bit, but that is not saying much and the saver update is great since they haven't released an update since ROM # 07** something? I did notice some speed enhancements on boot/saves/loading. The cheat system is the pits and 90% of users will never figure out how to add, or where to get the supported "cht" files!

They really did a poor job with the many, many, many, many months of development they've had on this OS update. I still think the R4Rev & M3Sim are the device(s) to beat. I'm not saying the SCDSONE is a bad device, its just not the best bang for your buck. The SCDSONE also needs to be used by a flashcart pro as its many options are impossible for almost everyone. They need to add multiple save files, make save names longer, add a new (more compatible) cheat system, fix performance with slower memory, make everything more user friendly, and improve touch screen accuracy. Oh, and fix that damn component chip under the front label! /RANT, lol

Disappointed,

FifthE1ement
hate2.gif

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
While you may be very unhappy with the new firmware, I and im sure many others are extremely happy with the release. The only thing i am annoyed with is the cheat file system, if there were links and instructions on using emu-cheat or atleast a site full of .CHT files which other cart users could also make then it would be excellent. I dont mind the menu on the top screen, it just means i cant change options, but i know you can press L+A (i think) to switch screens. So what if the screen is blank, it means that there will be less people thinking their cart is busted. Thats just how i feel anyway.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Finally, fingers crossed that this update brings the SuperCard team up to the top again or I'm no longer promoting them in my business but will have to start selling M3 Simply and/or R4 instead...

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, has anyone gotten the "In-Game Guide" feature to work yet? I still don't know where to start off with this feature, and it sounds soooo cool... V_V

freetard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm... Loving the SCDS1 mini-site

"Create Infinite Feeling

Do Wonderful Working"

I mean who doesn't want to buy one now? I know I want to create infinite feeling...

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ May 1 2007, 01:21 PM)]So, has anyone gotten the "In-Game Guide" feature to work yet? I still don't know where to start off with this feature, and it sounds soooo cool... V_V

Yep would love to see a vid or something of this SCDS owners!

ienhz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What a crap release.

First, the card is still as crappy as ever. I can't even have a Pokemon Diamond AND Pearl save without it affecting each other. If I save in one game, I see the same save in the other game... wtf? Second, the cheat function is almost completely useless, who the hell even uses CHT/Dipstar files? I googled for 10 minutes and couldn't find ANY Pokemon D/P cheats. Third, the guide function is broken. Just to try it out, I went to GameFAQS, saved the first Pokemon guide, converted to the book file, placed it in microSD as both the ROM name AND 1016.scb and neither worked. It opens a blank screen that says "book 0/0" with no text or anything.

FifthE1ement is also right. The damn thing corrupted my Castlevania save... thankfully I only got to the first save point in the game. Though it didn't corrupt any of my other saves... I think. Putting the menu at the top screen instead of the touch screen makes the thing even more user-unfriendly. If you don't refer to the manual, you'll never remember all the button combos to open the menus.

Overall, my opinion is this is a useless release to try to bring more attention to the SuperCard but fails miserably. None of the new features are useful or even work for that mater. God I wish the R4DS came out before the SCDS did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password