kenfrenzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While I agree that the release isn't perfect, its still a damn improvement, and a significant one at that. I haven't had the same problems as some other here so far, none of my saves were corrupted, I can save both pokemon games correctly, etc...

I'm not sure why you're complaining about cht/dipstar files... the r4 and all the other cards are using the same damn codes. I do with the the supercard didn't need us to convert them first, but it is understandable since it does allow for ingame cheat changes, which has worked for me so far. The ingame guides seems a bit hit and miss so far, some games have worked for me, others not. It also seems to work better on smaller files than the larger ones as well.

Overall, i'm happy with the release, because it is still an improvement. I Have a toshiba card, so performance hasn't ever been an issue for me so I can't comment on that part of it.

Do I like it better than my R4 I also have? Nope. Is it better than before? Yes. Are the two cards now much closer to each other performance and feature wise? Yes. Competition is good people, we should be celebrating and acknowledging the innovation that is going on.

Complain away, but at least give the team some credit. I'll be complaining just like you guys until the thing is perfect.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What a crap release.

First, the card is still as crappy as ever. I can't even have a Pokemon Diamond AND Pearl save without it affecting each other. If I save in one game, I see the same save in the other game... wtf? Second, the cheat function is almost completely useless, who the hell even uses CHT/Dipstar files? I googled for 10 minutes and couldn't find ANY Pokemon D/P cheats.

Damn n00bs always complaining. How hard is it to take AR codes and make your own CHT file. Lazy bum
lecture.gif

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What a crap release.

First, the card is still as crappy as ever. I can't even have a Pokemon Diamond AND Pearl save without it affecting each other. If I save in one game, I see the same save in the other game... wtf? Second, the cheat function is almost completely useless, who the hell even uses CHT/Dipstar files?
First of all, Diamond AND Pearl can use the same save file as they are compatible. Try putting them in their own folders or just using one rom, theyre both the same game, just use the save editor to get the Pearl pkmn. Second the cheat functions not useless and they are Action Replay codes just saved as CHT files which the R4 uses or so im told.

Overall, my opinion is this is a useless release to try to bring more attention to the SuperCard but fails miserably. None of the new features are useful or even work for that mater. God I wish the R4DS came out before the SCDS did.

The new features all work maybe your not pushing the buttons right?

QUOTE(754boy @ May 2 2007, 01:58 PM)
How hard is it to take AR codes and make your own CHT file.
Do you know how to make your own CHT files? If so can you tell me? Either by reply or PM. I have no idea how to make them.

ienhz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, Diamond AND Pearl can use the same save file as they are compatible. Try putting them in their own folders or just using one rom, theyre both the same game, just use the save editor to get the Pearl pkmn. Second the cheat functions not useless and they are Action Replay codes just saved as CHT files which the R4 uses or so im told.

The whole point of having both roms in there in the first place was so I can have two files. Meaning, I share my DS with a sibling and NEED two different files. Swapping out save files via the microSD might've been a viable option if the SCDS was even half-decent in that regard but as someone earlier said, the SCDS has the WORST save writing/management ever.

I searched google and gbatemp for dipstar/cht files and methods to convert AR to CHT and came up with nothing. If you can find a way to do it, I'm all ears.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My little mini-review on the new SuperCard DS ONE OS V2:

BE CAREFUL WHEN UPDATING AS YOU CAN LOSE YOUR LAST SAVED GAME! You would think I would not be the one to have this happen to me but I did.
wacko.gif
I had been playing Custom Robo for a while now, and I just haven't gotten around to making a backup on my main drive. Well I saw this new update today and copied the files over only to have my Custom Robo save corrupted! This isn't the first time this has happened with the SC1 though, as the device has also deleted saves for no apparent reason many other times (much like the N-Card clones aka DSLinker). And the fact that it writes the save after booting makes copying saves on the device a pain if you forget that the last game you played was the one you are updating. The write on start-up save system should be ditched in place of the instant write-to-memory saves from their previous devices. There are so many less things that can happen when the save is instant rather than 1 to 84 hours later.

This update also requires you to modify the ini file to get the touch screen to be utilized. And many users who don't read the notes for the update will never figure out how to change the screens unless they by chance hit the right button combo. The bigger PDA style icons was a nice addition but they messed up the SD speed menu again with new ratings which required me to tune each of my games to my slower SanDisk 1GB microSD test card. The top screen not changing when flipped is a bug and once a save is corrupted the device refuses to start the ROM saying the device cannot play that type of file. They got rid of that stupid error message on boot, but they replaced it with a blank screen that shows nothing. The touch screen support is still just as clunky and inaccurate as before although the PDA buttons do help since they ARE HUGE! I think performance has improved a bit, but that is not saying much and the saver update is great since they haven't released an update since ROM # 07** something? I did notice some speed enhancements on boot/saves/loading. The cheat system is the pits and 90% of users will never figure out how to add, or where to get the supported "cht" files!

They really did a poor job with the many, many, many, many months of development they've had on this OS update. I still think the R4Rev & M3Sim are the device(s) to beat. I'm not saying the SCDSONE is a bad device, its just not the best bang for your buck. The SCDSONE also needs to be used by a flashcart pro as its many options are impossible for almost everyone. They need to add multiple save files, make save names longer, add a new (more compatible) cheat system, fix performance with slower memory, make everything more user friendly, and improve touch screen accuracy. Oh, and fix that damn component chip under the front label! /RANT, lol

Disappointed,

FifthE1ement
hate2.gif
They did make the touch screen more accurate, i haven't clicked anything accidentally since i updated.

DirtyH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
jEEZ... the thickness of some people... you can't even work out how to use or get cheats..lol.. and then expect everyone one to listen and repect your opinion...lol

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I searched google and gbatemp for dipstar/cht files and methods to convert AR to CHT and came up with nothing. If you can find a way to do it, I'm all ears.

then learn to google
tongue.gif

i searched for "convert action replay cht"
and 9th hit on first page was:

http://www.m3wiki.com/index.php?title=GBA_Cht
which i already posted some posts earlier

its for gba but i see no reason why it shouldnt work for nds also.
It won't. AR codes for GBA != AR codes for NDS. GBA codes are encrypted, NDS codes are raw.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

then learn to google
tongue.gif

It won't. AR codes for GBA != AR codes for NDS. GBA codes are encrypted, NDS codes are raw.

Actually it will. You just don't need to use AR Decrypt to decrypt the code
lecture.gif

ienhz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jEEZ... the thickness of some people... you can't even work out how to use or get cheats..lol.. and then expect everyone one to listen and repect your opinion...lol

jEEz... the thickness of some people... you can't even tell that the link said GBA CHEATS..lol.. and then expect everyone to listen and respect your opinion...lol

ienhz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

then learn to google
tongue.gif

I found the GBA cheats page. I also found another page that had the same information that jdbye said where GBA and DS codes are in different formats.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To those wondering how to make cheats, i may have found the answer, whilst browsing the supercard forum i found an answer to a topic about cheats. The only problem is its in french, so a google translation would be in order. I am currently translating as i type.

Original text and site The site has pictures aswel to help you out.

Translated text version Theres the translated page, hope it makes sense.

T-2000

Trophies
XP
Country
strange even after updating it still says ver 1.00, thts after format card and rewriting files... does anyone else have this ???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30