Hacking SuperCard CF

armasmike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the Supercard Cf software see a 20gb 1.8 hard drive?

After you get a zif to cf then use a ide cable from the cf on the supercard to the cf on the other end.

Will it see that size ?

jmr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive just had i quick try & it says there a cart installed in the ds menu but when i click on it it just white screens

644ns7.jpg
645el6.jpg

my supercard cf is slightly faulty so that might have something to do with it
smile.gif

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quote "Can the Supercard Cf software see a 20gb 1.8 hard drive?

After you get a zif to cf then use a ide cable from the cf on the supercard to the cf on the other end.

Will it see that size ?
"

I'm pretty sure the SC-CF is limited to FAT16, so it's only going to see 4gb if it works at all.

armasmike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i read some where that if you format it with 64k clusters you can get it to see more then 4gb.

I want to know is this worth my time to get all the parts and then at the end it still only sees 4gb.

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
armasmike said:
Is this just a wast of time ?

I am guessing if one could do it, it would have been done by now.

Looking at the set up yea because it is not worth it for all that hassle. Plus, sdhc cards are getting much bigger and I believe 40 gigs is too much and since its supposed to be portable where is the portable this mod...

Well if you have extra time go for it, but I have a supercard CF but now is faulty because all I get is white screens when booted and slight touch of the cf card freezes it. Also, it only reads up to 2gigs not 4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol