LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Supersonicmonk said:
Hmm how would the 3DS layout compare to the gamecube controller.
Slide pad would obviously work as the analogue stick.
Maybe left shoulder for grab/charge, right for shield or vice versa.
The letter buttons could be the same on both.
Taunts could just use some touch screen icons since they aren't exactly vital.
Only problems are that there would be no c-stick which I use mostly for smash attacks and the whole thing would take some getting used to.

C-Stick can probably be emulated with the Control Pad. Grab can always be used with shield grabbing or can probably be the R button like how it was on SSB64.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
don't get too excited, i HIGHLY doubt that ninty would ever do that, they like to have specific series for portable, and other specific ones for consoles (the closest to a pokemon game for a console is pokemon stadium, technically a separate series.) they do this so they can have enough unique games for each console (portable and home). if there was an SSB for the 3DS it would be harder for them to sell an SSB for their next console, due to the recent-ness of the last one (maybe).

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This thread is kind of pointless, I mean one can dream but its just that, a dream. as baffle-boy said Smash bros. is console fare and would not make sense for nintendo to release on a portable especially since they usually release a smash bros. game per CONSOLE generation, handhelds don't count.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DigitalDeviant said:
This thread is kind of pointless, I mean one can dream but its just that, a dream. as baffle-boy said Smash bros. is console fare and would not make sense for nintendo to release on a portable especially since they usually release a smash bros. game per CONSOLE generation, handhelds don't count.
for got to mention that they release one per console gen. thanks!
smile.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
Show me one quote that backs this up. You're applying rules that don't really exist. If something makes money and they can make it good (to keep good rep), they will do it.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
injected11 said:
DigitalDeviant said:
Show me one quote that backs this up. You're applying rules that don't really exist. If something makes money and they can make it good (to keep good rep), they will do it.
if you read what i said, i say WHY Nintendo likes to do it this way, it makes more money in the end. they still MIGHT make this game, it's just HIGHLY unlikely. the only way to predict the future is to look at the past.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I said I was done ,but...

You know how some games go on consoles and portables with them having exclusive stages or characters or something from each other, well they can do that for SSBPortable.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they make super smash bros melee 2 for 3ds. This game would not have all the crappy gameplay and bad online that brawl has but instead would play like melee. It would also let you use mp3's saved on an sd card for music at your levels. There would be level edit. Downloadable characters. Online matches with settings such as item controls and stock matches. Of course there would be level edit and there would be a few classic nes games and maybe snes games built in. You could submit your pictures online and people could vote on the best ones. You would be able to me multiple pokemon trainers with starters from hg/ss and ruby/sapphire. Bowswer wouldn't be way weaker than peach. The old pokemon saffron silph co building would be back along with the old mario level where you could use pipes. The adventure mode wouldn't suck. You will be able to visit worlds and levels from games like kirby, mario, zelda, metroid, and there would be obvious throwbacks to the classic level design. Every other game company would be amazed at the publicity that sonic and snake got, and put more characters in the game including Simon Belmont, Lloyd irving, and knuckles, Leon Kennedy, megaman, and ryu from street fighter. THey would put characters that should have been in there since melee but especially in brawl such as golden sun characters, fire emblem characters (like lyn, ephraim, hector, eliwood), and advance wars characters (like andy, max, samy, or eagle), Zelda majora's mask characters (like the deku, goron, zora, and possibly fierce diety), Warioware (jimmy, 9volt, mona, kat and anna), super mario rpg (mallow and geno). THere would also be more classic levels like Balloon fight, ice hockey (nes), legend of zelda 2, zelda 64 water temple (this level would be so long and difficult that people would be frustrated), one of Dr. Robotnick's final levels, sprout's tower or ho-oh's tower. New bosses in advenutre mode will include Andross, a really big powerful pokemon, ganon from snes, the boss from kirby 64 or dynablade, Medusa from kid icarus, either nergal or a dragon from fire emblem, a neo tank or one of those glob things from advance wars, or an el ginante or ramon salazar from resident evil 4. New assist trophies would include other fire emblem characters that didn't make the cut, the great fairy from zelda, Birdo from mario, advance wars characters that would use their co powers (colin would give you money in coin matches, hawk would damage enemies and recover allies, rachel would should 3 silo missles, etc.), baby bowser disguised as mario, dark link from zelda 2, ice hockey players, tennis players, dark samus, wii resort characters, professor layton (although i don't know what he would do), viewtiful joe would speed and slow time, zelda twilight princess allies (like the guy with the rocket), ada wong, albert wesker, or krauser.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not gonna happen. ninty wants to keep ssb on home consoles so that people will buy each one (otherwise people will just have bought an ssb game 2-3 years ago)

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tatripp said:
i hope they make super smash bros melee 2 for 3ds. this game would not have all the crappy gameplay and bad online that brawl has but instead would play like melee. it would also let you use mp3's saved on an sd card for music at your levels. there would be level edit. downloadable characters. online matches with settings such as item controls and stock matches. of course there would be level edit and there would be a few classic nes games and maybe snes games built in. you could submit your pictures online and people could vote on the best ones. you would be able to me multiple pokemon trainers with starters from hg/ss and ruby/sapphire. bowswer wouldn't be way weaker than peach. the old pokemon saffron silph co building would be back along with the old mario level where you could use pipes. the adventure mode wouldn't suck. you will be able to visit worlds and levels from games like kirby, mario, zelda, metroid, and there would be obvious throwbacks to the classic level design. every other game company would be amazed at the publicity that sonic and snake got, and put more characters in the game including simon belmont, lloyd irving, and knuckles, leon kennedy, megaman, and ryu from street fighter. they would put characters that should have been in there since melee but especially in brawl such as golden sun characters, fire emblem characters (like lyn, ephraim, hector, eliwood), and advance wars characters (like andy, max, samy, or eagle), zelda majora's mask characters (like the deku, goron, zora, and possibly fierce diety), warioware (jimmy, 9volt, mona, kat and anna), super mario rpg (mallow and geno). there would also be more classic levels like balloon fight, ice hockey (nes), legend of zelda 2, zelda 64 water temple (this level would be so long and difficult that people would be frustrated), one of dr. robotnick's final levels, sprout's tower or ho-oh's tower. new bosses in advenutre mode will include andross, a really big powerful pokemon, ganon from snes, the boss from kirby 64 or dynablade, medusa from kid icarus, either nergal or a dragon from fire emblem, a neo tank or one of those glob things from advance wars, or an el ginante or ramon salazar from resident evil 4. new assist trophies would include other fire emblem characters that didn't make the cut, the great fairy from zelda, birdo from mario, advance wars characters that would use their co powers (colin would give you money in coin matches, hawk would damage enemies and recover allies, rachel would should 3 silo missles, etc.), baby bowser disguised as mario, dark link from zelda 2, ice hockey players, tennis players, dark samus, wii resort characters, professor layton (although i don't know what he would do), viewtiful joe would speed and slow time, zelda twilight princess allies (like the guy with the rocket), ada wong, albert wesker, or krauser.

blink.gif

santa christ that's a lot of fanfic spam...

...however...

i would suggest that you go and look up super smash bros clash; they are a homebrew project that are attempting to create a smash bros game for the ds. i have a feeling they might appreciate your ideas.
yaynds.gif

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think this will happen 2/3 years after release. reason? At launch, gamecards are limited to 2GB, but as soon as nintendo produces around 4 or 8 gig cards it will happen!

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
oh yea i never even thought about this, each "new" super smash bros, was always big. However too big maybe "it" for the 3DS. but a remake of the nintedo 64 one w/ new characters would be a big PLUS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to... +1