Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC characters already selected - Chosen by Nintendo

Smash.png

With Super Smash Bros. Ultimate launching in a month's time, the hype is reaching its peak. In the last Nintendo Direct, Game Director Masahiro Sakurai announced that five DLC characters will be released, each costing $5.99. Today, it was announced on his Twitter account that the five upcoming characters have already been picked by Nintendo, with Sakurai himself having the final say. This was followed up by another post asking fans to stay on-topic when replying to his tweets, possibly in a bid to avoid the ongoing cry of Waluigi fans.

So, who do you want to see join the battle in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC? Are you holding onto hope that Waluigi can still make it in, or are you looking forward to more ambitious fighters?​
:arrow: November 1st Nintendo Direct GBAtemp Round-Up
:arrow: November 1st Nintendo Direct

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this safe to assume 3rd party characters are out then? Not to sound like half the internet, but I'd still love to see Banjo Kazooie, since I know Muddy Mole is too niche.

Reactions: Xzi

Daisy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is this safe to assume 3rd party characters are out then? Not to sound like half the internet, but I'd still love to see Banjo Kazooie, since I know Muddy Mole is too niche.

I don't think so. I think the wording is slightly confusing, but it seems more like they're just eliminating any speculation around any sort of ballot.

They didn't say that the characters were going to be Nintendo characters, they just said that they're making the decision internally instead of having the fans vote, like they did last time. Sonic and Snake both got into Brawl with only internal decisions, too.

D

Deleted User

I don't get why everyone is absolutely rabid about Geno and Banjo, but that's probably just me. Hopefully we get some interesting characters out of this though.

Daisy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't get why everyone is absolutely rabid about Geno and Banjo, but that's probably just me. Hopefully we get some interesting characters out of this though.

I actually don't care for either of them, but I really hope that they do get in. I was sceptical about Ridley and K.Rool too, but seeing the community go wild over them has made me really want the last two holy grails here, too.

Reactions: Deleted User

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is that with all this Waluigi fans? To me he appears like a very greasy smudgy criminal. He seems like a really bad influence for Wario. While Wario seems to have many bad character traits, Waluigi just seems to be a true criminal. Why are there so many fans of this character out there? Is it just that people hope for another Nintendo character getting a own unique game series with new game mechanics like e.g. Luigi and Wario got? It's such strange.

Last edited by VitaType,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on give me Sora
If they add any Square characters, they're going to pick one with a game that is coming to the Switch. So, it'll probably be Sephiroth. The whole heroes v villains theme, and because FF7 is coming to Switch, and gotta shill for it, to get more sales!

Or they might shill for another Final Fantasy game that is coming to Switch, and you know what that means!
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: x65943

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
Here would be my list...

1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(could do all four with echo's)
2. Batman
3. Double Dragons(put that echo junk to work again)
4. Heracross(he's the best)
5. R2-D2

That's my dream adds. I think for sure we will get another Street Fighter my guess would be Chun Li. Sephiroth, Waluigi, I could see them doing another Pokemon, no telling what one it will be(hoping Heracross). Nothing else is really sticking out to me other then those, so I will guess an extra street fighter, maybe Guile???

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
How can you have dlc characters chosen before the game even launches? That's just douchebag to consumers.

"Hey, let's take the characters the REALLY want, and lock them behind a day-1 DLC paywall. They're so dumb that they'd pay for it too!"

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to see Rabbid Mario/Luigi/Peach (one of them), Rex (Xenoblade 2), Jack Frost/Pyro Jack(SMT), KOS-MOS, and maybe someone left field like...Tracer, from Overwatch?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would love to see Skull Kid from Majora's Mask

And while we're throwing out absolutely silly ideas, I'd love to see Resetti

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News