Super Smash Bros. Rumble discontinued

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disappointing but very generous of the original creator to share their current work, so as to allow the process to go forward.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
a good decision to release the source. Why is it not normal that a discontinued project, especially a non-commercial one, has its source released to allow further development by third parties.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
Brawl96 said:
I have taken the task upon myself to continue where Fuzzy left off. I'm only 14 no kidding and I'm a beginer in NDS programing but do not worry. I will compile (put together) what Fuzzy has so far and I will release it as Demo 4. And while you are enjoying that I will read for the next few days and learn on how to add sprites stages wifi etc. I will use all the help I can get which includes sprites, stages, writing out the story board for adventure mode, and any other things you can think of (o and a fews tips for coding if you have any) But what I have planned for Demo 5 is-

Mario
Luigi
Link
Kirby(no transformation)

Some New Stages like-

Final Destination
and any other stages/stage pics

Multi CPU Players

Well I hope this is done in a month

-Brawl96

So... an other people continues this
biggrin.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
DieForIt said:
Brawl96 said:
I have taken the task upon myself to continue where Fuzzy left off. I'm only 14 no kidding and I'm a beginer in NDS programing but do not worry. I will compile (put together) what Fuzzy has so far and I will release it as Demo 4. And while you are enjoying that I will read for the next few days and learn on how to add sprites stages wifi etc. I will use all the help I can get which includes sprites, stages, writing out the story board for adventure mode, and any other things you can think of (o and a fews tips for coding if you have any) But what I have planned for Demo 5 is-

Mario
Luigi
Link
Kirby(no transformation)

Some New Stages like-

Final Destination
and any other stages/stage pics

Multi CPU Players

Well I hope this is done in a month

-Brawl96

So... an other people continues this
biggrin.gif

And so another impossible dream begins.

Trippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
golden said:
Trippy said:
14 yo and a beginner programmer. Why don't I think this will work?
Hey don't be hatin' jee.
Not hating, just being realistic. I mean Fuzzy seems like a seasoned coder, I just don't see this guy picking it up but I'd love to be wrong here.

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I can not believe the negativity in this thread. For fucks sake, the guy released playable demos, has opened the source now that he's stopped AND someone else has already taken over. What more could you want?

Oh that's right, he should have kept quiet and worked his arse off until it was retail ready then announced it. Personally I don't even really care about Smash Brothers, but a significant chunk of the DS community does, and finally it's here (in some form), stop being so fucking down on it.

I hope the 14 year old programmer proves you all wrong and makes some kick arse advances.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: