Super Smash Bros. Rumble discontinued

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disappointing but very generous of the original creator to share their current work, so as to allow the process to go forward.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
a good decision to release the source. Why is it not normal that a discontinued project, especially a non-commercial one, has its source released to allow further development by third parties.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
Brawl96 said:
I have taken the task upon myself to continue where Fuzzy left off. I'm only 14 no kidding and I'm a beginer in NDS programing but do not worry. I will compile (put together) what Fuzzy has so far and I will release it as Demo 4. And while you are enjoying that I will read for the next few days and learn on how to add sprites stages wifi etc. I will use all the help I can get which includes sprites, stages, writing out the story board for adventure mode, and any other things you can think of (o and a fews tips for coding if you have any) But what I have planned for Demo 5 is-

Mario
Luigi
Link
Kirby(no transformation)

Some New Stages like-

Final Destination
and any other stages/stage pics

Multi CPU Players

Well I hope this is done in a month

-Brawl96

So... an other people continues this
biggrin.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
DieForIt said:
Brawl96 said:
I have taken the task upon myself to continue where Fuzzy left off. I'm only 14 no kidding and I'm a beginer in NDS programing but do not worry. I will compile (put together) what Fuzzy has so far and I will release it as Demo 4. And while you are enjoying that I will read for the next few days and learn on how to add sprites stages wifi etc. I will use all the help I can get which includes sprites, stages, writing out the story board for adventure mode, and any other things you can think of (o and a fews tips for coding if you have any) But what I have planned for Demo 5 is-

Mario
Luigi
Link
Kirby(no transformation)

Some New Stages like-

Final Destination
and any other stages/stage pics

Multi CPU Players

Well I hope this is done in a month

-Brawl96

So... an other people continues this
biggrin.gif

And so another impossible dream begins.

Trippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
golden said:
Trippy said:
14 yo and a beginner programmer. Why don't I think this will work?
Hey don't be hatin' jee.
Not hating, just being realistic. I mean Fuzzy seems like a seasoned coder, I just don't see this guy picking it up but I'd love to be wrong here.

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I can not believe the negativity in this thread. For fucks sake, the guy released playable demos, has opened the source now that he's stopped AND someone else has already taken over. What more could you want?

Oh that's right, he should have kept quiet and worked his arse off until it was retail ready then announced it. Personally I don't even really care about Smash Brothers, but a significant chunk of the DS community does, and finally it's here (in some form), stop being so fucking down on it.

I hope the 14 year old programmer proves you all wrong and makes some kick arse advances.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fellas
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    would you rather have a 9-5 desk job with poor pay or work for an intergalactic space militia with no guarantee of being paid?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    basically, normal boring job or halo and/or helldivers irl
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol. Have you heard about this?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I wish the people who make these emulators know the basic primer course on copyright and trademarks.
  • NecroNova @ NecroNova:
    Speaking of emulators, i now have a more genuine use for my 3DS after Artic Base released
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +2
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are yall doing +2