Hacking Super Smash Bros Online?

Runehasa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just trying to figure out of this is possible or if I am just doing something wrong. I downloaded the Abstrakt release of Smash bros and injected my own header into it from a known working game that I dumped myself. I then renamed the extension to 3DZ. When I start the game I am able to choose multiplayer which seems to connect then I choose Brawl and then it tries to connect and then eventually errors out. Just wondering if I need to get my own copy of the game to dump

I have been able to use this header on other games successfully and play online.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Just trying to figure out of this is possible or if I am just doing something wrong. I downloaded the Abstrakt release of Smash bros and injected my own header into it from a known working game that I dumped myself. I then renamed the extension to 3DZ. When I start the game I am able to choose multiplayer which seems to connect then I choose Brawl and then it tries to connect and then eventually errors out. Just wondering if I need to get my own copy of the game to dump

I have been able to use this header on other games successfully and play online.

Have you tried a header from one of your games that normally does not connect to the Internet?

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Actually I think I know the issue.
In emu-nand, did you go to the eShop and download the 1.1 update for Smash? If not, then that is what you need.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
when you select the game in menu, it actually has to tell you, that there is an update available and that you need it, if it doesn't tell you that, then you already know, that you did something wrong, try another header
also, the scene release .nfo includes a chip code, use it, when you inject the header

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually I think I know the issue.
In emu-nand, did you go to the eShop and download the 1.1 update for Smash? If not, then that is what you need.

It should come up with press y for the 1.02 update in SSB when he goes to the online part, if he needs to update also when you boot up SSB on the home screen look at the bottom right hand corner, it will say what version SSB you are on :) also other issues maybe down to dodgy Micro-SD card or the SD card itself, I don't think it will be down to the actual rom itself. To run a rom like SSB you need to make sure everything is in top notch shape to begin with else you will come across problems! If not download the Corsair version of SSB that has been modded for online play, just copy & paste the rom over to your M-SD card and start it :)

Edit: by the way most of that comment was to try to help the OP :)

Runehasa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still didnt work think Ill try finding a new copy of the rom. Also it did prompt me to update which I did but still doesnt work when clicking on find anyone to play against

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
could also potentially be an issue with your connection....pretty sure if it was a header issue it would be saying "you cannot use online services with this game card" (or words to that effect) when you try to connect online......sounds more like connection issues to me

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
It should come up with press y for the 1.02 update in SSB when he goes to the online part, if he needs to update also when you boot up SSB on the home screen look at the bottom right hand corner, it will say what version SSB you are on :) also other issues maybe down to dodgy Micro-SD card or the SD card itself, I don't think it will be down to the actual rom itself. To run a rom like SSB you need to make sure everything is in top notch shape to begin with else you will come across problems! If not download the Corsair version of SSB that has been modded for online play, just copy & paste the rom over to your M-SD card and start it :)

Edit: by the way most of that comment was to try to help the OP :)

I have the same issue as him, I am new to Gateway, is there a definitive guide for the current status of GW? The official videos are of older stuff and the FAQ is more general questions.
I want to learn about Gateway and Online, how to properly take headers from my own purchased games for Gateway, and specifically if I can use a offline-game's header to prevent a ban.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have the same issue as him, I am new to Gateway, is there a definitive guide for the current status of GW? The official videos are of older stuff and the FAQ is more general questions.
I want to learn about Gateway and Online, how to properly take headers from my own purchased games for Gateway, and specifically if I can use a offline-game's header to prevent a ban.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/scene-roms-online-tutorial-for-dummies.370589/
there you go ;-)
it says scene roms in the title, also includes insctruction for your own game dumps, though

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
https://gbatemp.net/threads/scene-roms-online-tutorial-for-dummies.370589/
there you go ;-)
it says scene roms in the title, also includes insctruction for your own game dumps, though

I read that. Not really informative and it is outdated. Sure it gets the general concept across- but what about actual application-

Can I use an offline-only game's header for an online game like smash?
If there is a Gateway guide for dummies for 2.1-2.4 Omega ish era that would be great, but I can't find much.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I read that. Not really informative and it is outdated. Sure it gets the general concept across- but what about actual application-

Can I use an offline-only game's header for an online game like smash?
If there is a Gateway guide for dummies for 2.1-2.4 Omega ish era that would be great, but I can't find much.

it is not outdated, you don't need a new tutorial for every release, if the procedure is still exactly the same
a guide is only outdated, if the steps aren't producing a working result anymore
online or offline doesn't matter, just that you choose the right header for the right game type (card1 or card2 and game size)

edit:
if you want to know, how to set up and update an emuNAND partition, please use the search function, there are so many threads about it and every day there is at least one more

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
it is not outdated, you don't need a new tutorial for every release, if the procedure is still exactly the same
a guide is only outdated, if the steps aren't producing a working result anymore
online or offline doesn't matter, just that you choose the right header for the right game type (card1 or card2 and game size)

This:
card1 and card2 - those concepts are not explained in the thread, which is what I am getting at

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse