Homebrew Super Smash Bros. Clash!

em jay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really looking forward to this - its something that nintendo really should have made, so its good to see a homebrewer doing it. If it works on the r4 im downloading the final release as soon as its out.

Swifty1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Range-TE said:
so far, it works on all flash carts as far as we know

Confirmed :
AK2i
R4 (dunno which one)
M3
DSone

It also works on Cyclo DS Evolution.

And it'll be a little longer to iron everything out... We've got a couple of things we're working through to make sure that it all works well for when we get to release.

EliteKill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
You're SO going to have a hell of a time with Kirby and his copy ability.....

Also, nice spriting you got there....

One more thing, you should work on the stages... The graphics don't look as solid as the sprites that are available to see as of this post..... I mean, they're good... They just need a little work..... :\ I'd have to be payed to pick anything but a completely white no graphics stage than any of those.... Sorry, but it's the truth.

As the spriter of Kirby, I'm going to say that because of some limitations (both in amount of work, DS RAM and the actual size of the ROM) Kirby isn't going to function like in official SSB games. Usually, Kirby has that "hat" of the character he inhaled and it allows him to use that character's B attack. In Clash, Kirby will still inhale and copy the abilities of his enemies, but there won't be a hat. We might have a small icon so you could tell which ability you have, but that's it.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the next version, is there going to be a fix for the sprite box limit?

(i haven't checked here in a while, so I'm not too sure about this)

Swifty1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
About the 64x64 limit... Not for this test, but the next test will include it and many more things.

And here are some screenshots from the latest build of the game showing some of the things that have changed since the last public release:
01.png
02.png
03.png
04.png

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whoah this isn't dead yet
smile.gif

Wish you guys the best of luck; still wondering why you guys decided to start from scratch again

Swifty1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zeromac said:
Whoah this isn't dead yet
smile.gif

Wish you guys the best of luck; still wondering why you guys decided to start from scratch again

We didn't start from scratch... We just spent a lot of time updating the menus and the character sprites, so that's why they look so different. I also had to spend some time familiarising myself with the code.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
the main reason we died was because our main coder (at that time, Efaj) left us and he appointed Swifty new coder without teaching him much.

so, swifty had to learn the code first, and at that time, we were spriting and making menu stuff

Boozie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swifty1992 said:
We didn't start from scratch... We just spent a lot of time updating the menus and the character sprites, so that's why they look so different. I also had to spend some time familiarising myself with the code.

It looks like you're not terribly active here but may I suggest you and the rest of your team putting signature's in your profile linking back to the site? Especially a link to the most recent public release.

[e] Approximately how much space does the game take up?

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
@boozie : Most of the forum team members only consist of the old team members, and we do have a sig that links back to our site but we won't use it until we release the Rebirth Demo. the latest public demo is the old one by Efaj.

Rabbi Nevins said:
Has this been posted on the smashboards.com forums? Im sure you could gain some popularity there
we're planning on a come back release later when we're finished bug fixing the new demo, so we're still waiting.
but i think we have a thread there too...

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Innuah

that's from Megaman Zero 1. the first level in the game.

on topic: i see that the project has gone under many changes.

looks great.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.