Gaming Super Smash Bros. Brawl+ (Plus!)

JumpMan3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrickyTony said:
Nice JumpMan. I actually made a banner using the exact same images once, but never got a working channel. Does this channel boot straight into the game or just into GeckoOS?

Goes into geckoOS, i don't know how to make it go straight into the game sorry.

I actually made this channel at your request, but I couldn't find the topic you made when I was done making the channel
laugh.gif

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hhaha ok well in that case really appreciate it!
smile.gif

Edit: That little tune you added scared the shit out of me for some reason... But I like it. It fits well remixing the tune to a remixing (of sorts) to the game.

Anakir

Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. I haven't been playing Brawl+ nor been keeping up with it lately. I've been doing my own things. Hope to get back into it soon and inform updates.

minger

Trophies
XP
Country
this has me banging my head. i've got this on a 1 gig sd card, and i can't get the textures to work. Brawl+ works though (I think) as I get the option to pick squirtle/char/ivy at the option screen and the blocks are red (which may be the textures at work).

But other than that I can't get the character textures to go.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh. I'm having terrible trouble with this.

I've been using Ocarina to export GCT because Codemanager "Isn't a valid Wii file" according to homebrew channel.

Problem is, the thing whines that there are too many lines of code, and doesn't boot the game right.

I've used the Brawl+ channel, and usb-loader GX with Ocarina:on.

I'd really like the whole shebang of codes, minus the no-auto-sweetspot-ledge.

Anyone tell me the problem that's happening.

And I do'nt believe for one second the "too many lines" deal.
There's a single code (deadlands) that takes 794 lines by itself.

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
How is it working with an USBloader?
I can't get the snapshot method to work with this guide:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226649
I hope that someone could help me.

That's my problem:

"It's strange, really strange here...

I tried the double .gct method at first and it wasn't working.

So i thought, I'll try the snapshot method. I downloaded the al_RSBP.bin from here (klick me), but it's not working too, with the snapshot method.
I just don't know what I'm doing wrong!! - I tried it for hours, really!
It would be nice, very nice, if someone could explain me what I'm doing wrong...
It would be nice too, if someone could send me the files (if allowed)

PS: I'm using a PAL wii and in my album, I can just few the al_RSPB.bin like a normal image, it just won't load my codes!

Edit: Only the method with GeckoOS is working, but I'm using an USBloader, so I want to get it working with the snapshot method."

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can load up ocarina codes using the USB loader, right? I don't use it, but if you can, then this should work -

Download this, put it in your 'codes' folder in your SD card. It's the Screenshot Loader/File Replacement .gct file, it's what enables the screenshot hack to work

http://www.box.net/shared/yrfhbzhxii

Then, find a cool program called 'brawlplustweaker', and download that. Once you've got it on your computer, you need to track down SDKEY and SDIV (which I can't share, but google should help... make sure you use the right keys, or it won't encrypt properly) and place just the keys (which are each one-line strings of what appear to be random letters and numbers) in files named SDKEY.txt and SDIV.txt, and put em inside the same folder you've got BrawlPlusTweaker in.

Download the .gct of whatever Brawl+ build you're using (here's the latest stable build), then use BrawlPlusTweaker (the gct to bin button at the bottom) to convert that file into a screenshot, which you then put in the SD card "private/wii/app/rsbe/al" folder, under the name al_(anything can go here).bin

Enable ocarina codes when booting the game and navigate to the screenshot in-game and everything should be cool. Go to the 'Brawl' menu to check - there should be more character slots.

This method also works with DVD backup loaders, very useful if you no longer have an actual copy of Brawl like me. I thank the cool friendly folk at Smashboards for this method.

chA1nBull3t

Trophies
Website
www.kalam1ty.co.cc
XP
Country
United States
-snip-

I'm pretty sure the Ocarina that the USBloaders use is an older version from the open source code of the older Gecko Loader. The newer Gecko Loader is close source and that one has the cheat engine which supports more lines of codes in which Brawl+ needs in order to run.

The Ocarina in USB loaders are meant from just simple cheats or smaller modifications. Not large overhauls like Brawl+ as it cannot support enough lines to process. (I wish it did tho
frown.gif
. It would make life so convenient).

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chA1nBull3t said:
I'm pretty sure the Ocarina that the USBloaders use is an older version from the open source code of the older Gecko Loader. The newer Gecko Loader is close source and that one has the cheat engine which supports more lines of codes in which Brawl+ needs in order to run.

The Ocarina in USB loaders are meant from just simple cheats or smaller modifications. Not large overhauls like Brawl+ as it cannot support enough lines to process. (I wish it did tho
frown.gif
. It would make life so convenient).
I know. Gecko Loader doesn't load backups, though, and you CAN get Brawl Plus working with the method I described above. That's what the Screenshot Hack is for - it's small enough to be read by Ocarina, and the cheat itself just allows lines of code (an unlimited amount) to be read from a Brawl screenshot once the game is booted up.

In other words, I'm quite aware that the ocarina in USBloaders and backup loaders are old. That's why we've got the screenshot hack.

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Xta Large said:
You can load up ocarina codes using the USB loader, right? I don't use it, but if you can, then this should work -

Download this, put it in your 'codes' folder in your SD card. It's the Screenshot Loader/File Replacement .gct file, it's what enables the screenshot hack to work

http://www.box.net/shared/yrfhbzhxii

Then, find a cool program called 'brawlplustweaker', and download that. Once you've got it on your computer, you need to track down SDKEY and SDIV (which I can't share, but google should help... make sure you use the right keys, or it won't encrypt properly) and place just the keys (which are each one-line strings of what appear to be random letters and numbers) in files named SDKEY.txt and SDIV.txt, and put em inside the same folder you've got BrawlPlusTweaker in.

Download the .gct of whatever Brawl+ build you're using (here's the latest stable build), then use BrawlPlusTweaker (the gct to bin button at the bottom) to convert that file into a screenshot, which you then put in the SD card "private/wii/app/rsbe/al" folder, under the name al_(anything can go here).bin

Enable ocarina codes when booting the game and navigate to the screenshot in-game and everything should be cool. Go to the 'Brawl' menu to check - there should be more character slots.

This method also works with DVD backup loaders, very useful if you no longer have an actual copy of Brawl like me. I thank the cool friendly folk at Smashboards for this method.

I'm a PAL User, so I need a RSBP01.gct file.
Is the first gct (which loads the code later via snapshot method) working with the pal version? - Should i just rename it to "RSBP01.gct"?
Edit: Can't I just load the al_RSBP01.bin of brawlplus.net? That would be even more easy than finding sdkey and sdiv.
Edit2: It would be great, if you could send me the link, where you got the code for the first gtc.

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure, actually. You could try that, I can't imagine anything bad would happen. If it doesn't work, your best bet would be to hit up their IRC (go to gamesurge.net, hit 'chat' in the upper right, choose your nickname, and type in '/join #brawlplus' without the quotes. The folks there are very helpful, they'll get your problem sorted out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Deez