Infinitus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's this thing?:
modea01_070720k-l.jpg

:/

The spirit of the Game Cube is back to haunt us!

That's my thoughts.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya the latest update is a bit strange - it's a new game mode, probably nothing to do with the story mode. The purple guy looks kinda famailiar but can't for the life of me think where I've seen him before.
frown.gif
Just noticed that in the pics the stadium is completely closed up meaning that you can't push fighters of the edge to win.

Perhaps thats one of the rules that has changed in that mode, thats if that stadium in the pic is an fighting arena.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Todays update is about Rumble Falls from DK Jungle Beat, sounds like it'll be just like the Ice Climbers stage.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys are stealing my topic.
frown.gif

July 23rd: Rumble Falls (Stage)
Donkey Kong has a stage, what a surprise. And this time it's one of those annoying Screen-Constantly-Moving-Upwards stages, which means I'll never play it! Still interesting that you can actually climb the ladders...but what about characters like DK or Bowser who are too big to climb? Hmm...
[title:Annoying stage in the making!]
stage07_070723a.jpg
stage07_070723b.jpg
stage07_070723c.jpg

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually haven't been keeping up with what's going on with Brawl. We weren't sure if we were gonna be going with a Wii for our next-gen choice of consoles. But we did finally break down and buy one. So, I, of course, have a renewed interest in the game.

What I'm curious about is whether or not WiFi brawls have been confirmed or ruled out. Or is that something that's still officially up in the air?

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There will be WiFi capabilities, but we're not sure of what extent.
In a recent interview with Reggie, he was asked if Brawl will have online play, and he was just quiet and smiling...

It'll probably be a big announcement near the launch of the game I guess...get the hype of the game set to explode!

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
July 24th: Yoshi (Character)
Yoshi's back. Not surprising at all. His double jump does damage as he hits enemies with it, and you can use his Egg Toss to increase the distance of his jump. I don't quite understand how that works, though. I can't wait to be able to jump on people's heads!
[title:It's Yoshi!!!]
yoshi_070724b.jpg
yoshi_070724c.jpg
yoshi_070724d.jpg

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Was waiting till you posted Gaisuto
wink.gif

The picture of him riding DK might just be a pose the developers made, but it'd be cool if he was able to get a ride now, instead of the opposite.

And I love the picture of him breaking out of the egg. It looks like a "good morning!" pose, and the setting makes it even better.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
July 25th: Skyworld (Stage)
YAY! ANOTHER SMALL/GENERIC STAGE!!! Oh, but wait, what's that? Collapsing ground!? Like another stage we know of already!? NO WAY! Seriously, this is getting old, I want to see more of the levels which made Melee so much fun...
[title:Pretty Platforms Though.]
stage08_070725a.jpg
stage08_070725b.jpg
stage08_070725c.jpg

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
July 25th: Skyworld (Stage)
YAY! ANOTHER SMALL/GENERIC STAGE!!! Oh, but wait, what's that? Collapsing ground!? Like another stage we know of already!? NO WAY! Seriously, this is getting old, I want to see more of the levels which made Melee so much fun...
[title:Pretty Platforms Though.]
stage08_070725a.jpg
stage08_070725b.jpg
stage08_070725c.jpg

Well, the Bridge of Eldin collapses randomly and in this stage you destroy platforms with damage/attacking...

Don't know if that changes your opinion about the stage, though...
unsure.gif

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well Brawl still has Battlefield stage and Im sure they will have Final Destination(or a similar/identical stage). Pokemon Stadium has already been shown in some screens too. Im sure the game will have just as many good stages as Melee did..

...And I kinda like Skyworld
rolleyes.gif

Shadowhawk22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
US: December 3, 2007
Japan: December 31, 2007
Europe: TBA 2008

That is what I see. Europe will probably get it February or January of 2008. I love how the US is getting it before Japan! Score!

bluebright

Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country

That is what I see. Europe will probably get it February or January of 2008. I love how the US is getting it before Japan! Score!

Where the jerk are you getting those numbers from? You had better be lying. Why don't they release them closer together? Dammit! Oh well, pal regions did get Strikers first.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

That is what I see.  Europe will probably get it February or January of 2008.  I love how the US is getting it before Japan!  Score!

Where the jerk are you getting those numbers from? You had better be lying. Why don't they release them closer together? Dammit! Oh well, pal regions did get Strikers first.
The Japan date just means by Dec 31 since it's scheduled to be released in 2007. But it'll probably be released in the US first anyway. The PAL version doesn't even have a time estimate on the European parts of the official site...

The Footstool Jump seems pretty useful...

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
July 26th: Footstool Jump (Feature)
With the type of friends I have, I just pray you can turn this off. This will just get very annoying, most likely, and I have a good feeling I wouldn't use it much. Eh, gotta see it myself in the actual game before I judge though, I guess.
[title:Bounce]
technique03_070726b.jpg
technique03_070726c.jpg
technique03_070726d.jpg

July 27th: Knuckle Joe (Assist Trophy)
Wow...he seems like one hell of a deadly Assist Trophy. He can do all those moves. I don't even remember him pulling those off in any Kirby game he's been featured in. Interesting choice.
[title:Deathly Item]
assist04_070727c.jpg
assist04_070727d.jpg
assist04_070727e.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?