hallvardu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
damnit...
so disappointed.
My Wii is Pal and with newest Cyclowiz fw.

I have a Mac, ran a PC-emulator (Parallels Desktop) used imgburn and input the Layerbreak code, burned it on an imation DVD+Rdl 2,4x but the Wii gives me "unable to read the disc"

Do I have to wait for the PAL version? Or should I try buying the US version?

Should I try burning it with Mac software (Disk Utility which doesnt have the layerbreak-option)

wolfman417

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hallvardu google regionfrii for mac. regionfrii will allow you to change the game from usa to pal

and what is this layerbreak everyone is talking about burned fine for me with out editing the layerbreak

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ozz3000 said:
which is the fastest legit torrent right now? my emcubed torrent is at 50%, i hope its legit...

my embcued is at fiddy% too. but do i need a special dvd burner to burn dual-layer?

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
hallvardu said:
damnit...
so disappointed.
My Wii is Pal and with newest Cyclowiz fw.

I have a Mac, ran a PC-emulator (Parallels Desktop) used imgburn and input the Layerbreak code, burned it on an imation DVD+Rdl 2,4x but the Wii gives me "unable to read the disc"

Do I have to wait for the PAL version? Or should I try buying the US version?

Should I try burning it with Mac software (Disk Utility which doesnt have the layerbreak-option)

Use another brand of disc (preferably Verbatim +R's). I burnt 2 Imation discs and the Wii just refuses to even begin to read them.

chaseincats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
lombers said:
Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread, but does the NTSC-U version work in 480P mode?

I know the JAP version doesn't on my PAL console, would be interested to know if that's a region thing or if Brawl just doesn't support 480P...

thats what i would like to know, if it has the same graphical errors as the japanese version? if it does then i will leave it on 480i then.

iv never heard of this, is it true brawl falsely supports 480p?

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
chaseincats said:

Don't know about falsely, but the NTSC-J version when launched on a PAL console (set to 480P mode) actually flicks to 480i mode once you launch the game. I can confirm this by using the info button on my LCD remote.

I'm just wondering if the NTSC-U version is the same, or if there is some weird cross region compatibility. I can patch it with the Wii Video Mode Changer, but I tried that on the NTSC-J version and I had the same results.

Would just like someone to confirm if this is a PAL limitation or if happens on an NTSC-U console as well...

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
lombers said:
chaseincats said:

Don't know about falsely, but the NTSC-J version when launched on a PAL console (set to 480P mode) actually flicks to 480i mode once you launch the game. I can confirm this by using the info button on my LCD remote.

I'm just wondering if the NTSC-U version is the same, or if there is some weird cross region compatibility. I can patch it with the Wii Video Mode Changer, but I tried that on the NTSC-J version and I had the same results.

Would just like someone to confirm if this is a PAL limitation or if happens on an NTSC-U console as well...

Same here. 480i setting on the Wii makes it run in 480p, and vice versa, confirmed by the LCD. Will make things interesting when I have to go back to my 576i/480i only CRT TV
tongue.gif

576i (50Hz) makes the game slow to a crawl and look horrible, but is fine when flicker reduction is turned off in the menu.

Nirok

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have PAL wiii, 3.2E, 1.9g WiiKey, using datawrite DVDs ( I know these are cheap, and:shit: probably the reason it doesnt work)

Basically i have now burned SSBB twice onto these discs, first time used truacha and region free and used the .dvd file in imgburn.

Second time just tried burning directly from image without making any changes what so ever.

Both times, it loads the game asks me to make a save file, saves, then it says loading on a black screen. Then comes up saying that it cannot read from the disk, check instruction manual. I hope its these crappy discs, but strange the same thing happens on both discs! anyone else get this problem?

jaay5389

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i dumped the game with frii dump v.04 i have a image size of : 7.92 GB (8,511,160,320 bytes)

i used imgburn v2.3.2.0 all default settings, it burns and finishes, verifying i got some errors. Like " Can not read sector yadda yadda"
burned on 2.4 speed
memorex DVD+R DL dvds

popped the game in my wii, it shows in the games. i pick it, it runs and gives me the wii warnings about the wiimote strap, and then it goes to the loading screen. (the white smash item icon and loading next to it in white) and then my screen turns white and says " something operation error, look in the instructions manual" in green letters, says something like that. anyone else have this problem? or anyone know how to fix it? Please and thanks

oh yeah and i have a d2pro chip

rocky704

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone knows where I can get friidump 0.4 ?? I looked in other tools in download section but no luck, I can't find anywhere in google either
thanks for the help.

jaay5389

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i'll tell you where to find friidump v4. go to yahoo and look up tehskeen. just register so you can access the downloads. weak... but i couldnt find a site that had a download link WITHOUT having to register. there are some but its only the friidump v3

jaay5389

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burned it the second time using these steps with Memorex DVD+R DL dvds 2.4x

1) Open DVD burner drive.
2) Insert blank DVD+R DL.
3) Close DVD burner drive.
4) Open .ISO file with ImgBurn 2.4.0.0
5) Click on the "Change Booktype" in the bottom right.
6) Click on the appropriate tab and change DVD+R DL media to "DVD-ROM"... and you might as well do it for DVD+R and DVD+RW too while you're here.
(Note: Your burner might not be able to support this. That doesn't mean it won't work. This step is just to increase media compatibilty.)
7) Click OK.
8) Go to Tools > Settings > Write. Set layer break to "User specified" and type in 2084960.
9) Change write speed to 2.4x.
10) Click on the big button in the bottom left to start burning.
11) Don't use your computer while it's burning!
12) Wait.
13) Eject newly burned disc.
14) Insert into Wii (which should already be updated to 3.2 firmware, and 1.9g firmware for the WiiKey at this point).
15) Let the Wii update from the SSBB disc.
16) Play game after it reboots!

in the main wii menu, the game doesnt even pop up and i get an error. my first burn with default settings got me farther. anyone know any solutions?

Posts merged

burned it the second time using these steps with Memorex DVD+R DL dvds 2.4x

1) Open DVD burner drive.
2) Insert blank DVD+R DL.
3) Close DVD burner drive.
4) Open .ISO file with ImgBurn 2.4.0.0
5) Click on the "Change Booktype" in the bottom right.
6) Click on the appropriate tab and change DVD+R DL media to "DVD-ROM"... and you might as well do it for DVD+R and DVD+RW too while you're here.
(Note: Your burner might not be able to support this. That doesn't mean it won't work. This step is just to increase media compatibilty.)
7) Click OK.
8) Go to Tools > Settings > Write. Set layer break to "User specified" and type in 2084960.
9) Change write speed to 2.4x.
10) Click on the big button in the bottom left to start burning.
11) Don't use your computer while it's burning!
12) Wait.
13) Eject newly burned disc.
14) Insert into Wii (which should already be updated to 3.2 firmware, and 1.9g firmware for the WiiKey at this point).
15) Let the Wii update from the SSBB disc.
16) Play game after it reboots!

in the main wii menu, the game doesnt even pop up and i get an error. my first burn with default settings got me farther. anyone know any solutions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch