super smash bros.brawl loading slow

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by soratheultima, Aug 24, 2009.

Aug 24, 2009
  1. soratheultima
    OP

Member soratheultima GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i have the ntsc version of super smash bros.brawl and it used to load fine :3 untill now my tv just goes back to its menu while the game waits to be loaded * i have a pal wii* and it used to be fine with the same tv and its a new one

2. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    Just try using usb loader gx or usb loader cfg along with hermes cios 222 223 37/36.

I am using this setup and Brawl is playing fine from HD.

3. spacholka

Newcomer spacholka Newbie

Canada
    If like me you are still having problems after installing USB Loader GX or whatever you may want to install IOS 38, 53 and 55. I'm also using Hermes 223(60 merged with 36). It wasn't until I installed 38,53 and 55 that I was able to get past the blackscreen when using Hermes 223 to load the game. Now it loads, I can play subspace emissary, win a battle and progress thru the game. No more black screen, no more disc read error. Hope this helps.

4. MasterGamer

Newcomer MasterGamer Advanced Member

Australia
    easy fix, buy the real thing, its worth it

5. MasterGamer

Newcomer MasterGamer Advanced Member

Australia
    Hang on, It might be because Super Smash Bros is a dual layer disk. It is one of the very few games on a dual layer, that might have something to do with it

6. ViciousXUSMC

Newcomer ViciousXUSMC Advanced Member

United States
    All games run only 3x when run as a backup on a disk anyways. Your best bet is to move onto usb loaders. Even if you didnt have issues and it was loading correctly @ 3x it is still slower than a usb loader.