Hacking Super Smash Bros. Brawl 1.02 version

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the Super Smash Bros. Brawl game version 1.02
I am currently running firmware 4.0 soft modded plus I have the D2Pro mod chip. Will I be able to play this game if I burn it on a Dual Layer disk? I have never burned a dual layer disk for a Wii before so I want to be sure it will be Ok. I have read that you need a wii key in order to play this game, not sure if that is true or not. Thanks

Edit: Ok fixed the typo

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it must be burned on a dual-layer DVDR disc. This is not that different from burning single-layers, just make sure your disc drive and software support it. It should burn fine automatically, but if you're having issues most burning software allows you to set the break manually - the proper layer break is at 2084960.

And to my knowledge, softmodded Wiis can play this too, no modchip needed.

EDIT: I think "1.2" is a typo of 1.02. And there's nothing really different between the versions, they're just newer concurrent rip/releases of the same game, perhaps with some bugfixes.

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
Yes, it must be burned on a dual-layer DVDR disc. This is not that different from burning single-layers, just make sure your disc drive and software support it. It should burn fine automatically, but if you're having issues most burning software allows you to set the break manually - the proper layer break is at 2084960.

And to my knowledge, softmodded Wiis can play this too, no modchip needed.

EDIT: I think "1.2" is a typo of 1.02. And there's nothing really different between the versions, they're just newer concurrent rip/releases of the same game, perhaps with some bugfixes.

Ok great. Was just making sure. I didn't want to take a risk of bricking the Wii. Yeah its 1.02, not 1.2 my bad. Yeah I use Imgburn to burn, I have just never used a dual layer disk on a Wii before, only on the XBOX 360 so that is why I was making sure it was Ok to do so. So I can play it like a regular game, it goes into the disc channel and I can play it? Thanks again for your help

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
I've never heard of 2.01 before. Is it by Nintendo?

Umm, you mean "1.02"?

There is nothing different to it at all, at least for game play, just some very minor tweaks that the did to it. I don't know the specifics, but yes it is by the Big N.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
caster62003 said:
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
I've never heard of 2.01 before. Is it by Nintendo?
Umm, you mean "1.02"?

Wow. Aren't our numbers screwed up in this topic
smile.gif

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From my understanding, the only thing 1.02 has improved is that the safety screen now admonishes users to use the Wii Remote condom. The initial release still had the naked Wii Remote.

Smashstack is not and shall not ever be patched. That's why it's awesome.

Lakerfanalways said:
Ok great. Was just making sure. I didn't want to take a risk of bricking the Wii. I use Imgburn to burn, I have just never used a dual layer disk on a Wii before, only on the XBOX 360 so that is why I was making sure it was Ok to do so. So I can play it like a regular game, it goes into the disc channel and I can play it?Yeah, whatever you normally do for burned discs. Even if you mess up the burn, you're not going to brick your Wii, it will probably just tell you the disc can't be read, or if it loads it will hang at a black screen until you hard-reset (hold Power for 5 seconds).

QUOTE(Golfje @ Aug 10 2009, 12:38 AM) Have somebody tested this version with Ciosrev14 ???
No, but I'm pretty sure it will still crash. The cIOSrev14 issue with SSBB is a bit of oversight on Wanin's part, he modified the read/cache cycles to read a bit in advance but didn't consider how to handle dual-layer discs.

Blob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Golfje said:
No, but I'm pretty sure it will still crash. The cIOSrev14 issue with SSBB is a bit of oversight on Wanin's part, he modified the read/cache cycles to read a bit in advance but didn't consider how to handle dual-layer discs.

So your saying this game won't work on a softmodded Wii? I've been reading around, Someone told me IOS 222 or 223 may may do the trick so I tried installin' these yet it didn't do the trick,Or did i do it wrong? Do I need to find a app that'll use 222 or 223 IOS? or can I force the current apps I have on the Wii to use this IOS? Or which IOS or App exactly will read the Dual Layer?

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy