Gaming Super Smash Bros 3DS Demo-Your Thoughts on the Game

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping it would be a bit tighter. It does feel better than Brawl, but still more like Brawl than Melee.

Fatalframe4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I first got the e-mail from Club Nintendo during my college class I was so excited and when I got back home I looked at the e-mail and was surprised that they also gave out three extra codes. I immediately called my friends who have 3DSes and told them the news and they were excited as I was. We all got together and downloaded the demos using all four codes and played away. Everything about the demo is awesome but for some reason during a Multiplayer match there was some notable lag even though the 3DS were right next to each other. Besides that this is one of my top favorite gifts from Club Nintendo yet!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just checked the forum and I have seen people with less than 100 post accessing the thread.
Probably because the thread used to be in a public place, so people with <100 could still post there. It got moved to selling/trading later.

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
I found the controls to be very comfortable, but although I've played all Smash games, I'm far from a hardcore player. Been using the analog stick since the first game, no problem there. The game is very fluid, looks like 60 FPS to me.

The one problem I had was that playing against 3 lvl9 CPUs was a bit too easy even though they all seemed to go after you most of the time. Maybe it was the same in the earlier games, though.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I found the controls to be very comfortable, but although I've played all Smash games, I'm far from a hardcore player. Been using the analog stick since the first game, no problem there. The game is very fluid, looks like 60 FPS to me.

The one problem I had was that playing against 3 lvl9 CPUs was a bit too easy even though they all seemed to go after you most of the time. Maybe it was the same in the earlier games, though.
The game is 60FPS, except for Pokemon and Assist Trophies. Generally this is fine, but having the massive 30FPS Nintendog pop up in front of your screen can be a bit jarring.

zombymario

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really miss the c-stick to make a simple smash attack. I'm bad in performing smash attacks with, for example, right+a. I always succeed in executing a tilt attack (a+right) instead of a smash attack.

I heard that the New 3DS has a second circle pad.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really miss the c-stick to make a simple smash attack. I'm bad in performing smash attacks with, for example, right+a. I always succeed in executing a tilt attack (a+right) instead of a smash attack.

I heard that the New 3DS has a second circle pad.

Yeah the N3DS has a second small stick and they're gonna use that as a c-stick for smash attacks.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You think they could have used the Circle Pad Pro to help alleviate the problems some people have with the controls. I never use the C-Stick for smash attacks, I just use smash A, but the controls are floatier than I like. That's my only problem.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Let's see:

Graphically the game looks gorgeous. It's good to see PICA200 hardware lights at its best (like on kid icarus : uprising). Very fluid, and I'd guess some stuff look very simple for the smoother FPS (and multiplayer battles, it wouldn't be fun to have a bit of lag because of wireless, then lag because of slow FPS because of very high quality effects).
3D doesn't lag! or very little!

Sounds: Man it's a good thing to have a fully featured DSP now, It's always nice to listen your favourite tracks for Wii, ported to 3DS with crisp quality!

Cameras: Characters look so small, perhaps you may want nintendo to tweak camera a bit so it focus closer, because some angles literally made look pixel-point-shaped characters

Controls: Perfect for me. But I always found circle pad to lag compared to dpad even in DS mode.

Physics: Like Brawl but a bit faster. Now it's trickier to do combos because when a character is hit, it's tossed back with ease.

Overall the game is very nice done.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For some reason, I can't download the demo anymore. I'm still have it in my SD but the eShop is show "game not available" when I go to my Downloaded games.

Don21

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
true because you need to put the downloadcode in the eshop. So i gues you need emunand to get there.

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I always play Smash Bros with a ngc controller.
I am super happy with the lineup of characters. I realy can't wait to try them out.

I realy wondering how the controls are feeling on the 3DS.
Is there still a way to get a code?

Don21

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry i gave all my codes away. I still need to get used to these controls im used with cstick on gc also:D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1