Gaming Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier Disscussion Thread

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The release should be out very soon, we just have to wait. And wait. And wait some more.

*explodes*
wacko.gif

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
*has finally calmed down*
Anyone wanna bet who dumps this first? I bet on Xenophobia x)
*picks up Days of Ruin and Drone Tactics, and Suikoden Tierkreis, and MegaMan ZX, and etc*
WRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

PS: Exactly how many characters are there in this game?

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
8 I believe and I'm pretty sure all go into battle at once. 4 front row fighters and 4 in the back who you can call in for support moves. As for me I plan on KOS-MOs and Aschen as guaranteed to be in the front row.

Is it sad that I enjoy the fanservice in this game as much as a guy would?
biggrin.gif

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The bewbs and all that talk is more of a plus for me, what I want is the crazy amount of hits, huge damage numbers and to finish them off with stunning moves. Ah yes, this is what defines most Japanese games
smile.gif

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
@Halcyon Most certainly isn't. lol. However i am more of a faces/hair guy so Kaguya and Haken FTW! Haken is too cool x)
My fronts would probably be, Haken R-something, Kaguya, and Aschen (Cool as well). Back would be KOS-MOS, and some which i haven't decided upon lol.

*pwns more Black Swarm on Drone Tactics* i wonder WHY i didn't play this till now. ITS AWESOME. Story could use some work....

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gundam Eclipse said:
@Halcyon Most certainly isn't. lol. However i am more of a faces/hair guy so Kaguya and Haken FTW! Haken is too cool x)
My fronts would probably be, Haken R-something, Kaguya, and Aschen (Cool as well). Back would be KOS-MOS, and some which i haven't decided upon lol.

*pwns more Black Swarm on Drone Tactics* i wonder WHY i didn't play this till now. ITS AWESOME. Story could use some work....

I think my front row will be KOS-MOS, Aschen, Reiji and Xiaomu although I'd like to have Suzuka there too so I may have to change that slightly...but I've been playing the J version with the partial translation patch (not a clue what's going on) just so I can toy with the battle system. Lot's of fun and I'm getting good at the huge character to character combos.

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Gundam Eclipse
Heh, my recommendation pulled through? XD Drone Tactics is recommended to any SRT (or strategy RPG) fans...if you can overlook the childish story. It's really well-made, plus the feeling of K-Buto tossing an ant around, completely draining the opponent's HP is something else
smile.gif

Do any of the actual OG characters return? As old people or not? (looks at the last names Browning & Nanbu)

EDIT:
As a side note, since I'm more of a composer in reality, I'm remixing Kyosuke Nanbu's theme with more guitars right at this moment...gotta finish it and get it online sometime soon hopefully

snesmaster40

Trophies
XP
Country
@dbswnd97:
They're good. It's like a simpler Fire Emblem with mecha from different animes. It should be noted that this game is a spinoff and isn't a SRPG

@Blackiris:
No one from OG is in this. This game takes place in a different universe during OG 1 + 2 and Harken + Aschen are from the Shadow Mirrors universe. They arrive in Endless Frontier's universe due to a failed jump. I think that's about the only connection to OG this game has.

Also the bonus items aren't really worth much either.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
dbswnd97 said:
Are the SRW games good?
I might think about starting one...
try looking at youtube if you have a DS:
Super Robot Wars W or Super Robot Wars K or Super Robot Taisen og Saga: Endless Frontier
if you have a psp:
Super Robot Wars A Portable
Super Robot Wars ZX
if you have a advance:
Super Robot Wars A
R
D
J
OG
OG2

thats pretty much about all the info i can give besides ps2 and psx releases

bmt0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
dbswnd97 said:
Is there an english version of SRW K and W?

Nope, due to licensing all the SRW we'll ever see in english are the Original Generation ones :|

anyways, pretty strange there isnt a dump already
ohmy.gif
ok, its not an AAA title, but still, surely it aint shovelware :|

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah but that's the problem it falls in between the heaps of shovelware (which seem to get dumped the minute they come out :/ ) and the big name titles like Pokemon or Final Fantasy. That little stretch in the middle of games like Endless Frontier usually get close to bottom priority compared to the others.

snesmaster40

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually the problem is that most of the game stores haven't received it or put it up yet. It'll probably be out tomorrow.

BAHIM Z 360

B-but I'm not a new member :(
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Can anyone confirm that you can switch between japanese and english voices in the game option? because im sure that the english voices they will put for the game will sucks....
hate2.gif

snesmaster40

Trophies
XP
Country
The preview vids have Japanese voices. It's not known if they subtitled the beginning and after battle skits because people said they're funny and those jokes would just fly pass you.

BAHIM Z 360

B-but I'm not a new member :(
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
snesmaster40 said:
The preview vids have Japanese voices. It's not known if they subtitled the beginning and after battle skits because people said they're funny and those jokes would just fly pass you.

Thanks for you reply
happy.gif
,i was worried about the voices
unsure.gif
....given that the game is translated by atlus....and atlus is known for their horrible voice actings in their games
dry.gif
!!

Hitoshura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BAHIM Z 360 said:
snesmaster40 said:

Thanks for you reply
happy.gif
,i was worried about the voices
unsure.gif
....given that the game is translated by atlus....and atlus is known for their horrible voice actings in their games
dry.gif
!!

Huh? Maybe pre-Digital Devil Saga Atlus... Atlus has been known for their GREAT voice acting in their games since like 2004.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :shy: