Super Retro Boy announced at CES 2017

large.jpg

This Super Retro Boy will be a all-in-one solution that plays GB, GBC & GBA games, also comes equipped with a TFT HD scratch and shatter-resistant screen, 2,500mAh battery which offers up to 10 hours of gameplay, four action buttons and a bundled 10-in-1 game cartridge. It's expected to ship in North America on August for $79.99.

Source

EDIT

Last edited by ElYubiYubi,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never understood the appeal to keep making the same thing over and over again. This has been so done to death and it offers little differences that previous handheld clones already have.

Also having X and Y as L and R was a dumb decision.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just literally bought 3 different clone systems for collection and playing some old stuff lol
K101 plus, some Chinese GB colour clone and GPD.

I am actually looking forward to get this as well :)

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was stoked to see this until i realized where the l and r buttons are. THEN i see no link emulation in sight. May as well either keep it to my 3ds vc, or use a pc, or better yet, an actual gba.

IF they make a better screen, gb/gba/gbc will look crap.
Only edge this has over anything i said is battery, and even then, emulator play time is dependent on the device running it

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no way to extend that period or renew it? so after 10 years everybody can replicate a GameCube or GameBoy?

You could renew. But if you don't use it, it could considered an abandoned patent. A person could argue malice intent of your renewal too. Patent lawyers are not cheap. Nintendo would have a fight. they would have a high chance of loosing. Remember even back then, cpu's were custom made for them by another company.

Reactions: naddel81

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-