Super Retro Boy announced at CES 2017

large.jpg

This Super Retro Boy will be a all-in-one solution that plays GB, GBC & GBA games, also comes equipped with a TFT HD scratch and shatter-resistant screen, 2,500mAh battery which offers up to 10 hours of gameplay, four action buttons and a bundled 10-in-1 game cartridge. It's expected to ship in North America on August for $79.99.

Source

EDIT

Last edited by ElYubiYubi,

Retinal_FAILURE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everybodies saying the same thing over and over again but what about parting out the screen of that monster for a hopeful connection in a original gba? well have to wait and see

S

Saiyan Lusitano

everybodies saying the same thing over and over again but what about parting out the screen of that monster for a hopeful connection in a original gba? well have to wait and see
If it isn't broken then they shouldn't be trying to improve it. That definitely doesn't look comfortable at all.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm. I was just thinking about this.

I can either spend $80 on this clunky monstrosity with useless shoulder buttons, and still have to buy all the games I want

OR

I can buy a used Gameboy Advanced (or SP or Micro) and a good flashcart for approximately the same price.

The latter is legally questionable, but it will be on a familiar style and have all the games I want. And it's not like Nintendo will be losing money as i will be rebuying the games on my Wii U or Switch as that come available. And if I get a banged up Micro I can stick it on my car keychain.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Holy shit, why did nobody tell me about the Revo k101? It's the size of a Gameboy Micro and has link cable support. Granted it's Mini-USB and not micro-USB, and costs a little bit more now.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.