I want to extract midis from Super Princess Peach, but the format hasn't been reverse engineered (afaik).
Does anyone know of another way to get the sequenced music or where the format was reverse engineered?
I have, and while that's some songs, they're usually recreations and not every song.
I do have a midi of giddy sky 1, but i also want giddy sky 2, an easy puzzle, to the boss!, and other songs that aren't on those sites.
What's interesting, though, is that the tracks in the MIDI are named "Midi out #1", "Midi out #2", etc. I'm wondering if there's an emulator that does that.
Post automatically merged:
I know what i'm doing isn't new, but i've found that the sounddata.bin, if you change the extension to sounddata.sdf, can be recognised by VLC, but no sound comes out, so i'm pretty sure it's a dead end.
.sdf files are apparently associated with the Scoremaker/Scoreplayer FX program by Kawai, but i'm having trouble finding the right version. (Makes sense, seeing how old SPP is, though it's interesting that Toei might have made a .sdf player on the DS for SPP)
The only version I can find is Scoremaker ZERO, but the installer about 2 gigabytes, so it'll be a while until I get to test anything.
I saw something about a JRMI .sdf editor, but it didn't work when I installed it.
Edit: The VLC stuff was just a leftover MIDI header I injected but forgot to remove.
Post automatically merged:
Nope. Scoremaker isn't the solution. It must be a new format.
(I also tried Impulse Tracker but no dice)
I'm just gonna keep trying more and more formats until im 100% sure that it is a new format
It's been a while, but i've recently been reminded of this, but i have found things that are interesting.
1. There is known unused music in SPP (from tcrf.net)
2. There are leftovers from SPP in Densetsu no Stafy 4, another game made by TOSE.
However, Starfy 4 uses a format extractable with VGMTrans, so no dice there.
3. SPP uses samples from the Roland Sound Canvas SC-8850.
but still, this is a DOA format, and even though people want it, they don't want to do the work.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...