Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope but go back a generation to the NES, Master System, GG, GB etc.. and you'll find emus for them around.

Unfortunately the GBA is just way too under powered to run a SNES emu. If you must play SNES games on the move would could always check out a GP32, SNES emulation is coming along pretty nicely for that.

smile.gif

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it will be disc based (100% sure) as no-one has really broken the Cubes disc system properly. streaming via broadband is poor.

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well then i guess ill be keeping my gba as it most likely wont be backwards compadible, and if thats the case then i might as well keep my gba and save alot of money, cause i aint paying 30 or more dollars for thier new games, ill just keep my gba for eternity then
smile.gif
as far as nintendo consoles go ill continue to buy thier games, but as far as handhelds if thier is no way to crack the new security, well then there is no reason for me to get one

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I could play SNES games (not 100% speed, but 80% or even 90%) on an old PC:
480 SX2 - 50MHz 8 MB Ram with 200 MB disk space...

it's less powerful than GBA...

edit:
rolleyes.gif

(you guys please use the "search function")

Leo111

One day I was going to GBATEMP and lololo !!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
arent u talkin´ about a 486 SX/DX2??? Tough the SX version doesnt have an mathematical co-processor, which gba´s processor certanly has...

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
eitherway snes on gba will never happen, and nintendos next handheld will probably be pirate proof unless sega puts another error in on of thier games lol until i see seiken densetsu3 the translated version on my hanheld, i will never be satisfied with handheld gaming...ok maby not that far, but id really like to see that
frown.gif

FluBBa

Trophies
Website
www.ndsretro.com
XP
Country

Oh, so the 16MHz GBA with 256kByte of RAM and up to 32MByte of ROM (ie diskspace) is more powerfull then your PC?

And no the GBA doesnt have a math co-processor (not that you would need one to emulate the SNES though).

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
I think the decision to go disc for the next handheld is 100% right, we will have our gba or gbplayer to play all the games we're currently playing, and I don't want to see the "gba2" to lose against the psp like N64 did with ps1 (also for cartridges), and to have a higher cost for a feature I don't need.

hikarushindo

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yea, just like what flubba said (Fubba?!)

Pai say loh.. this isn't gonna work for the games you like..
play it in a Snes emulator.. its bound to work XD

In final words.. it ain't gonne work...

Ok ma? ting de dong ma?

I am more interested in PSP then ever, it uses UMD.. we might be able to play it in there... probably..

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Oh, so the 16MHz GBA with 256kByte of RAM and up to 32MByte of ROM (ie diskspace) is more powerfull then your PC?

And no the GBA doesnt have a math co-processor (not that you would need one to emulate the SNES though).
Yeah I couldn't even be bothered commenting on that one
smile.gif

hey I had an Amstrad 1512 and the GBA is more powerful than that, mind you it couldn't play sh!t and was dog slow (but I really loved it
smile.gif
)

amongmyselves

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jonathan.prtahcios.net
XP
Country
United States
Now Lord Graga, it isn't nice to bring emu to the forum unless you have enough to share with everyone! Care to let us know at least where/how you got it and some of its features, or are you just getting our hopes up? Besides, wasn't Super Mario Brothers 3 a NES release?

Jeez, I too would love to be able to play my translated version of Front Mission on my GBA...

PhaTdrU

GBAtemp's Phattest Member (o_O)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
hey hikaru, who da dilly are you speaking chinese to? cut that shit man, sounds weird, im chinese my self but i dont go bragging my own language in an english forum say something that everyone can understand....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao