YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No idea if I'm in the right section but this is general gaming, I can't see any SNES section so meh!

I'm trying to trigger a glitch in Super Mario World but I can't get it to happen! It's the glitch where you jump off of Yoshi at the end of Choco Island 3 to make the overworld colours completely glitch out.

I'm using the Wii with Snes9xgx emulator, I'm executing the right method, the screen zooms in and the colours go all screwy but on the overworld nothing changes!

Is there a specific region or version I should be using to recreate the glitch? i've tried (E) v1 and v1.1 but that's it, doesn't work on either for some reason :S

Thanks to anyone that can help me with this!

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been watching the Let's Glitch SMW series by nathanisbored. According to what he says, this glitch can have many different results. It seems to be (somewhat?) dependent upon what frame the screen frame fades out on. It might be a matter of frameskipping needing to be disabled.

Edit: Also the glitch might not work fully on Pal versions because it runs at 50Hz. Try the NTSC version.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sweet man, I'll just change the name of my save file to the name of the US ROM and try it out, don't fancy playing all the way through to that point again :P

Yeah I've tested it about a hundred times now and I have a feeling that it's not something I'm doing rather than the game version, so I'll try that! If i took footage off of youtube even with permission I wouldn't be happy, coz my gameplay is all in widescreen but everyone else plays in 4:3 ratio! hahaha

EDIT: USA ROM Worked :)

dxplay2128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Sweet man, I'll just change the name of my save file to the name of the US ROM and try it out, don't fancy playing all the way through to that point again :P

Yeah I've tested it about a hundred times now and I have a feeling that it's not something I'm doing rather than the game version, so I'll try that! If i took footage off of youtube even with permission I wouldn't be happy, coz my gameplay is all in widescreen but everyone else plays in 4:3 ratio! hahaha

EDIT: USA ROM Worked :)

congratulations!:yay: also, here is the section you're looking for http://gbatemp.net/forums/other-consoles-oldies.165/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo