Gaming Super Mario Sunshine 3D

Should this game get a 3DS port?

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

• YES, DAMMIT! AND MAKE IT A LAUNCH TITLE!!

• Total voters

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
geoflcl said:
Brian10122 said:
bwillb said:
never played super mario sunshine, never found it really appealing. I'd rather see a proper Super Mario RPG remake
biggrin.gif

GTFO. Let go of it. Paper Mario is an amazing game, and is basically the follow-up to Super Mario RPG. Square split up with Ninty in 1996, and Intelligent Systems(one of the greatest devs EVER) came in to make Paper Mario 64, originally titled Super Mario RPG 2..

Well, goodness! There's better, less unnecessarily-hostile ways of giving an opinion, you know.
ohnoes.png

Anyway, if they DO remake this, I think they'll do a fantastic job of smoothing out the kinks of the original. Like the silly voice-acting, and the camera, and stuff. Thinking about how polished and fine-tuned they made the Galaxy games makes me salivate at the thought of a Sunshine Redux.
smile.gif

Just saying, it'll never happen
tongue.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MushGuy said:
Justin121994 said:
Why all the hate on Sunshine. It was great.. Good memories
smile.gif
It's not that good, compared to Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. Blame FLUDD for this. GRRR, it was a pain in the ass!

Fludd was cool, I really liked the reverence in Luigi's mansion. The vacuum from that game is from the same manufacturer as Fludd.
Also the later level of Sunshine brought that undeniable Nintendo feeling to me. QUALITY. One of the best games on Cube.

I would'nt like to see a remake.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Hielkenator said:
I would'nt like to see a remake.
I don't see why people are excited for OOT 3D it's the same game that they bought for n64 GC and VC.

Mario Sunshine was my first 3D mario game, and I did enjoy it other than the fact yoshi disaapears when you go into the water.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to just throw a prediction out right now:

The first Mario game on the 3DS will be a sequel to New Super Mario Bros.

NSMB originated on the DS, and there hasn't been a proper sequel on DS. The Wii had its own NSMB, but Galaxy 2 came after, and if you realize how Nintendo takes turns with its games, this seems very reasonable. The only argument could be that Nintendo would release a 3D Mario game, given the nature of the system. But if you realize how development works, the team behind NSMB DS is probably hard at work making a sequel, and we all know it's pointless to release it on the current DSi(XL) models.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really useless, it appears that Pokémon black and white will be regular ds games even though the dsi is near the end of its life
But in all honesty its still a good move they can pick up users in the old ds market and since the 3ds is backwards compatible they can make money off that market too

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Range-TE said:
i like Mario Sunshine, but a remake isn't necessary

But it is, because it can't be played on a portable system. The trend is for all Mario games to, eventually, be re-released... usually on the first portable system that can faithfully reproduce their graphical style. The 3DS could easily pull of the look of Sunshine.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
The trend is for all Mario games to, eventually, be re-released...

Indeed

SMB1 - NES -> SNES, GBC, GBA
SMB2 - NES -> SNES, GBA
SMB3 - NES -> SNES, GBA
SMW - SNES -> GBA
SMW2 - SNES -> GBA
SM64 - N64 -> DS

As far as consoles are concerned, the next "remake" to follow this line would be Sunshine.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
TM2-Megatron said:
The trend is for all Mario games to, eventually, be re-released...

Indeed

SMB1 - NES -> SNES, GBC, GBA
SMB2 - NES -> SNES, GBA
SMB3 - NES -> SNES, GBA
SMW - SNES -> GBA
SMW2 - SNES -> GBA
SM64 - N64 -> DS

As far as consoles are concerned, the next "remake" to follow this line would be Sunshine.

They better not mess teh line up
ohnoes.png
I'm already anticipating this.

SkotUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd much rather have a remake than a new sunshine-esque game. Sunshine was undoubtedly my favourite Gamecube game of all time.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The only thing I didn't like with sunshine was the blue coins to collect, and the removing of the long jump (run, crouch, jump)
frown.gif

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Funny to say, but i think there's a possibility 3DS devs will sometimes not use the touchscreen as much, at least for touch controls. It's great for minimaps or extended HUD's. But for a main game display, i think they won't use it nearly as much as they did for the DS.
Which is perfectly fine
some of the bettter games for the Ds are ones with BUTTON controls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...