Gaming Super Mario Sunshine 3D

Should this game get a 3DS port?

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

• YES, DAMMIT! AND MAKE IT A LAUNCH TITLE!!

• Total voters

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Announced?

sunshine3dsshinesprite.jpg

sunshine3dsyoshi.jpg

Nah, just kidding
evil.gif

But seriously, who wants this? We had SMB on the GBC with Super Mario Bros. DX, and all the subsequent 2-D platformers in the Super Mario Advance line on the GBA. Super Mario 64 got ported to the DS, so the next logical title to be given the portable treatment is Sunshine. I know people had mixed opinions of this game back when it first came out, and some felt we were "cheated" out of a true sequel to Mario 64... though personally, I really enjoyed Sunshine. It ironed out the visual and control quirks that I didn't care for in SM64 and was a pretty solid, enjoyable experience for me.

So what are your thoughts on this as a potential 3DS game?

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
They ought to. This would be Ninty's chance to fix everyone's complaints with the Gamecube version. We could finally see Sunshine as fine-tuned and polished as Galaxy is!

Joe88 said:
I really dont want them because they will just wreck it just like they did with sm64 ds

In my opinion, the only thing that broke Super Mario 64 DS was the lack of an analog stick. And since that won't be a problem for the 3DS, there is potential for awesomeness.

Javier78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved Sunshine. I would definitely buy this game at launch. Sheesh, I'm gonna have like, 5 games to buy on launch day already!
biggrin.gif

Of course, that's assuming most of the games announced make it on launch day.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought Sunshine was the weakest Super Mario game (meaning of the Super Mario 64 series). Just thought the whole water pack mechanics sucked. It was a decent enough game but nothing I'd go giddy over.

I'd be much more happy with a Super Mario Galaxy 3DS game.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:

Too soon; unless you mean an entirely original Galaxy-inspired game.

But still, I wouldn't be too happy if they just skipped over a major title. The point is having all the Mario platformers to play on a portable system.

Dodi

Trophies
XP
Country
I think they should. It was nothing 'great' but it definitely wasn't bad.

Not really fussed about it being a launch title; i've got Zelda OOT and Kid Icarus for that.
wink.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Too soon; unless you mean an entirely original Galaxy-inspired game.

But still, I wouldn't be too happy if they just skipped over a major title. The point is having all the Mario platformers to play on a portable system.

I was thinking an original title, as you said it'd be too soon for a port. Although seeing Mario fly out of the screen when he does a high jump would be amazing to see in Galaxy 1 or 2.

I mean, it'd make sense to put Sunshine on there I guess. I could live with both.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
I really dont want them because they will just wreck it just like they did with sm64 ds
See that little thing to the left of the touch screen? They call that an analog stick, and the lack of it is why Mario 64 DS sucked, the only reason it did. It was pretty much superior in every way except for the lack of analog. And we've now got one, so that's not a valid point. >_>

I'd rather have an all new original Mario 3D game. It would be unusual for them to do it on a handheld, but hey, there were some great exclusive Mario platformers on the Gameboy series, like Mario Land.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Joe88 said:
See that little thing to the left of the touch screen? They call that an analog stick, and the lack of it is why Mario 64 DS sucked, the only reason it did. It was pretty much superior in every way except for the lack of analog. And we've now got one, so that's not a valid point. >_>

I'd rather have an all new original Mario 3D game. It would be unusual for them to do it on a handheld, but hey, there were some great exclusive Mario platformers on the Gameboy series, like Mario Land.
whos to say though they wont use touch controls again regardless of an analog stick

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
granville said:
Joe88 said:

whos to say though they wont use touch controls again regardless of an analog stick
You didn't need to use them in Mario 64 DS, and you won't have to use it there. Why the hell add an analog stick if they force you NOT to use? You can play through the ENTIRE game of Mario 64 DS without using the touchscreen at all.
closedeyes.gif

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I needed the touchscreen to spin Bowser, I just could not do it on a d-pad. They also made the game a tad too easy (the clock level's a great example of this) but other than that it was an incredible remake.

As for Sunshine 3DS, I'd love to see it. The water thing was kinda weird, but I liked it, especially the Turbo Nozzle or whatever it was called (sped you along). The puzzle levels where they took the water pack out were also just great, really challenging and rewarding to beat. If they added a few new Shines and a blue coin list, it'd be perfect.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had no issues spinning Bowser with the dpad, i found it easier than the touch screen actually.

Funny to say, but i think there's a possibility 3DS devs will sometimes not use the touchscreen as much, at least for touch controls. It's great for minimaps or extended HUD's. But for a main game display, i think they won't use it nearly as much as they did for the DS.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
No. Wait until they release a console that won't play it natively. I mean, I can find it for $5 bucks on amazon, or I can pay $35+ more so that I can play it in 3D?

rich333

Trophies
XP
Country
i'd like to see it happen....

but i wonder if you'll beable to play 'Mario 64 DS' on the 3DS with the new thumb stick? I might actually play it then. I really tried but couldn't get into it with the d-pad or touchscreen....

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo might be thinking about this, as they had Super Mario 64 ported to the DS. Definitely want it if it happens though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.