Super Mario Sunshine 3D

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by TM2-Megatron, Jun 17, 2010.

?

Should this game get a 3DS port?

1. Yay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. YES, DAMMIT! AND MAKE IT A LAUNCH TITLE!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jun 17, 2010

Super Mario Sunshine 3D by TM2-Megatron at 2:31 AM (16,103 Views / 0 Likes) 112 replies

1. TM2-Megatron
    OP

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    Announced?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nah, just kidding [​IMG]

But seriously, who wants this? We had SMB on the GBC with Super Mario Bros. DX, and all the subsequent 2-D platformers in the Super Mario Advance line on the GBA. Super Mario 64 got ported to the DS, so the next logical title to be given the portable treatment is Sunshine. I know people had mixed opinions of this game back when it first came out, and some felt we were "cheated" out of a true sequel to Mario 64... though personally, I really enjoyed Sunshine. It ironed out the visual and control quirks that I didn't care for in SM64 and was a pretty solid, enjoyable experience for me.

So what are your thoughts on this as a potential 3DS game?

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    I really dont want them because they will just wreck it just like they did with sm64 ds

3. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    They ought to. This would be Ninty's chance to fix everyone's complaints with the Gamecube version. We could finally see Sunshine as fine-tuned and polished as Galaxy is!

In my opinion, the only thing that broke Super Mario 64 DS was the lack of an analog stick. And since that won't be a problem for the 3DS, there is potential for awesomeness.

4. Javier78

Newcomer Javier78 Advanced Member

United States
    I loved Sunshine. I would definitely buy this game at launch. Sheesh, I'm gonna have like, 5 games to buy on launch day already! [​IMG]

Of course, that's assuming most of the games announced make it on launch day.

5. murkurie

Member murkurie GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I was thinking about this yesterday. would buy day 1. good thing graduation just happened so I can use all that money on 3DS and games

6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I thought Sunshine was the weakest Super Mario game (meaning of the Super Mario 64 series). Just thought the whole water pack mechanics sucked. It was a decent enough game but nothing I'd go giddy over.

I'd be much more happy with a Super Mario Galaxy 3DS game.

7. TM2-Megatron
    OP

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    Too soon; unless you mean an entirely original Galaxy-inspired game.

But still, I wouldn't be too happy if they just skipped over a major title. The point is having all the Mario platformers to play on a portable system.

8. Dodi

Member Dodi GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I think they should. It was nothing 'great' but it definitely wasn't bad.

Not really fussed about it being a launch title; i've got Zelda OOT and Kid Icarus for that. [​IMG]

9. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I was thinking an original title, as you said it'd be too soon for a port. Although seeing Mario fly out of the screen when he does a high jump would be amazing to see in Galaxy 1 or 2.

I mean, it'd make sense to put Sunshine on there I guess. I could live with both.

10. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    See that little thing to the left of the touch screen? They call that an analog stick, and the lack of it is why Mario 64 DS sucked, the only reason it did. It was pretty much superior in every way except for the lack of analog. And we've now got one, so that's not a valid point. >_>

I'd rather have an all new original Mario 3D game. It would be unusual for them to do it on a handheld, but hey, there were some great exclusive Mario platformers on the Gameboy series, like Mario Land.

11. Zerousen

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    I actually liked the game. First game I played On my GameCube. [​IMG]

12. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    whos to say though they wont use touch controls again regardless of an analog stick

13. granville

United States
    You didn't need to use them in Mario 64 DS, and you won't have to use it there. Why the hell add an analog stick if they force you NOT to use? You can play through the ENTIRE game of Mario 64 DS without using the touchscreen at all. [​IMG]

14. SylvWolf

Member SylvWolf Ave Dominus Nox

United States
    Well I needed the touchscreen to spin Bowser, I just could not do it on a d-pad. They also made the game a tad too easy (the clock level's a great example of this) but other than that it was an incredible remake.

As for Sunshine 3DS, I'd love to see it. The water thing was kinda weird, but I liked it, especially the Turbo Nozzle or whatever it was called (sped you along). The puzzle levels where they took the water pack out were also just great, really challenging and rewarding to beat. If they added a few new Shines and a blue coin list, it'd be perfect.

15. granville

United States
    I had no issues spinning Bowser with the dpad, i found it easier than the touch screen actually.

Funny to say, but i think there's a possibility 3DS devs will sometimes not use the touchscreen as much, at least for touch controls. It's great for minimaps or extended HUD's. But for a main game display, i think they won't use it nearly as much as they did for the DS.

16. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    No. Wait until they release a console that won't play it natively. I mean, I can find it for $5 bucks on amazon, or I can pay $35+ more so that I can play it in 3D?

17. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    No thanks. I really Didnt feel Sunshine at all. The only parts I really liked was the "retro" levels

18. Nikolay

Member Nikolay GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Why not? The more mario games the better, amiright?

19. rich333

Member rich333 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    i'd like to see it happen....

but i wonder if you'll beable to play 'Mario 64 DS' on the 3DS with the new thumb stick? I might actually play it then. I really tried but couldn't get into it with the d-pad or touchscreen....

20. Arp1

Member Arp1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nintendo might be thinking about this, as they had Super Mario 64 ported to the DS. Definitely want it if it happens though.