davym

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey Gbatemp!
i've been playing on my softmodded wii now for months, and have been able to play any game so far,
But Mario galaxy 2 gives a Green Screen with no text after starting the ISO..
I tried to do some changes at the settings but it still gives a green screen..
frown.gif

I have version 4.2E
and tried with wii flow 1.1 and uloader.
I'm using ios 222
since my 249 won't work anymore (don't know why, it just stays at loading when i start the wiiflow with 249)

I thought about using an alternative .dol but i can't seem to find one for this game, so i think it's my wii, maybe wrong ios version or system version?

-Davy

joshcool3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It works for me with cios rev 17 and ios 249 but i'm using neogamma to play it on a burnt disk so....maybe different for usb

davym

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i can't use backups on cd anymore, my dvd drive motherboard was fucked up and bought new one, but it was one of the lastest models.

How do i update my cios ?

i updated both 222 and 249 with cIOS Installer Xr19 ( IOS57-64-v5661.wad )

Still green..

Edit: Cfg usb loader crashes at startup. proberly cause

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
davym said:
i can't use backups on cd anymore, my dvd drive motherboard was fucked up and bought new one, but it was one of the lastest models.

Still green..
Seriously: Can you read? This is not a cIOS-Problem, the problem is that you have a PAL-Wii (and a bad TV) and an NTSC-Game. Your TV can't display the NTSC-Signal from the game. You answer was given several times in this thread, why don't you follow them?

Force the language to english, and force the videomode to NTSC (or toy around with this setting, could also be PAL60/50, etc...). Look in the settings of your loader for this.

davym

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Blue-K said:
davym said:

Still green..
Seriously: Can you read? This is not a cIOS-Problem, the problem is that you have a PAL-Wii (and a bad TV) and an NTSC-Game. Your TV can't display the NTSC-Signal from the game. You answer was given several times in this thread, why don't you follow them?

Force the language to english, and force the videomode to NTSC (or toy around with this setting, could also be PAL60/50, etc...). Look in the settings of your loader for this.

it's working now, thx all

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
George Dawes said:
Green screen isn't a PAL wii and "bad tv" problem, it is a problem with trying to force the wrong videomode/video patches.

green screen means: get a component cable & run in 480p.

xhypertensionx

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey guys --

THANKS! The issue I had was that I was using the wrong region (video/lang) settings in Neogamma. Forced to English and Wii and it WORKED!

You RAWK!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.guru3d.com/story/microsoft-reportedly-readies-billion-bid-to-acquire-valve-steam/