Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to get offtopic with the debate of pirating. But I hate how negative pirating is seen, even the name itself sounds negative. There are many great logical arguments against pirating and an even great number of logical arguments for pirating.

However, the reasons why pirating is so strongly forbidden is because of big corporations like Nintendo either are completely blind to the benefits they gain by pirating or they just strongly hate it and their views can be seen in their products (piracy checks and what not). To be honest, I know a few people who bought the wii because of it's homebrew capabilities and I do have a few friends who pirate but the arguments above apply and it may be the case that Nintendo is pulling more revenue because of pirating.

Pirating is full of complex factors, imagine pirating like an algebra problem... X^2 + 2x + 1 = 0. What Nintendo does is take only part of the algebra problem... "X^2 + 2x = 0" (leaving out the plus 1). Then they conclude that X must be equal to 0 and -2. However, if we look at the big picture:
X^2 + 2x + 1 = 0
=>(X+1)^2 = 0 (by factoring)
=>x = -1 (algebraic multiplicity of 2)

As you can see, Nintendo has came up with the wrong conclusion based on taking only part of the picture. Maybe they know that pirating may lead to financial gains which is why their system has been so easy to hack...

Anyways...
I'll stay on topic
smile.gif

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense, but your mathematical argument doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You're saying that the algebra problem equates to the result of pirating? If you're trying to go over our heads, it's working.

And try to stay on topic.
tongue.gif

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have never used torrents. dunno why people love them so much , there are levels above torrents and usenet, bet mario will show there before any elite tracker.....lol

Nuada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never used usenet before but I'm thinking of giving it a go. Am I right in thinking I have to add groups manually? If I do what ones should I add for Wii games?

Nuada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers Bonefeast. I might try that out tomorrow and see if it's simple enough for a simpleton like me
smile.gif

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tagg7 said:
No offense, but your mathematical argument doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You're saying that the algebra problem equates to the result of pirating? If you're trying to go over our heads, it's working.

And try to stay on topic.
tongue.gif

Lol, the mathematical part in there was a representation of what happens if you don't take the big picture. The mathematics it used was just a simple algebra problem that had no relations other than just trying to prove a point. What I have shown is if you can imagine a mathematics problem being the overall picture, if you take half of the mathematics problem you get wrong answers... Which refers back to how nintendo sees piracy because they don't look at the big picture.

To be honest, this thread is in regards to this the press kit and demos and reviews of SMG 2. The last 6-14 pages is in regards to a user who claims that they are in the process of uploading the game itself. If I am not mistaking, this is against the Temp's rules and slightly off the main topic itself. One or two off topic posts about piracy is only a water molecule of the ocean.

It's pretty interesting how the game looks though, can't wait for a review!

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:
Lol, the mathematical part in there was a representation of what happens if you don't take the big picture. The mathematics it used was just a simple algebra problem that had no relations other than just trying to prove a point. What I have shown is if you can imagine a mathematics problem being the overall picture, if you take half of the mathematics problem you get wrong answers... Which refers back to how nintendo sees piracy because they don't look at the big picture.

To be honest, this thread is in regards to this the press kit and demos and reviews of SMG 2. The last 6-14 pages is in regards to a user who claims that they are in the process of uploading the game itself. If I am not mistaking, this is against the Temp's rules and slightly off the main topic itself. One or two off topic posts about piracy is only a water molecule of the ocean.

It's pretty interesting how the game looks though, can't wait for a review!
Point taken, and very eloquently put. I honestly don't know much about the rules here regarding piracy, but they seem rather loose (and this certainly isn't the first time that this kind of scenario has cropped up).

Fedex14

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
oh damn it have to go to sleep, hopefully tomorrow it will be there, ready to be played, and luckily this weekened is a long one here in Argentina
biggrin.gif
Saturday, Sunday and then monday and tuesday both holidays! Hope its ready by then! cant miss this chance!

Kinex

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good things come to those who wait.....
Just have to wait I guess, it would be greedy to want anything sooner.

Dratini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I buy the game in PRE-SALE but i cant wait to play it! if it leak, i will download i cant wait it anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong