Super Mario Galaxy 2 Beta Levels?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by HaloBenish, May 22, 2010.

May 22, 2010
  1. HaloBenish
    OP

Member HaloBenish GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I read that one of the releases of Galaxy 2 that is out there is unfinished and contains beta versions of some stages. Is there any truth to that rumor and if so which release was it? I don't want to have to use more bandwidth downloading another version of Galaxy 2.

Thanks in advance.

2. Social0

Member Social0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    i don't buy it, nintendo & beta dvd leak = no

3. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    Where did you read this?
    EDIT: Typo.

4. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I don't believe it either. The review samples have already been sent out. The chances of a review sample leaking out are a lot higher than the chances of a beta leaking out.

5. gisel213

Member gisel213 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    could be possible i was on that rightside up galaxy and there are parts where you have to go
    up and down with the gravity arrows etc to proceed but there is a part where you are sideways
    in overhead view then back to the up down gravity arrows but i just did a back flip and got on
    top of a sideways block and could skip the up and down arrows waliking around them
    completetly to get the star ninty would have fixed that so i think it could be a beta....

seroiusly goto the right side up galaxy and see for yourself...

6. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    One instance where a bit of control work and some creative thinking can skip a level portion does not mean beta. There's been plenty of opportunities in previous mario games where you can accomplish the same. This game most definitely is the final version, folks.

7. Cbajd5

Member Cbajd5 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    There's a lot of starge data if you look into the iso with Wiiscrubber, including marked test zones, marked E3 stages, and other stuff that might just be normal stages, but there really is a ton of files in there. The game itself would never be shipped in a beta state to stores or reviewers, so none of that is able to be accessed in normal play. But it's interesting.

8. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    [​IMG]
    It's meant to be like that, there's like 4 1ups there.

9. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Looking forward to blasting open the stuff we're not meant to play on this. Wondering if there are any of the classic levels in there that didn't make the final cut.

10. HaloBenish
    OP

Member HaloBenish GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Alright, cool. Glad to hear I don't have to download it again and I just hit 65 stars and I'm about halfway through World 4. Great game so far, even better than the first.