Homebrew Super Mario 64 Port

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you think there will ever be a simpler way to set this up down the line? These installation instructions are confusing me, probably because I've never used Docker before. From anyone who's done it, is Docker easy to figure out and follow along these instructions with without extensive coding knowledge?

Just follow this depending on the platform of your choice.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
can the n64's blur filter really be considered antialiasing?, sure, there aren't many jagged edges, but at what cost?
Yes, as a matter of fact the N64's RDP's VI module had several postprocessing effects applied, not just "blur". AA was one of them. For a list of them check out the part about core options here:
https://www.libretro.com/index.php/...able-in-parallel-n64-right-now-for-retroarch/

For the moment you need to use a LLE plugin like parallell-rdp or angrylion to see many of the filters and effects the N64 applied. And yes it does create that very smooth picture the N64 was known for. Was AA overkill on the low and often interlaced picture of the N64? Some will say yes, others will say that it was part of the console's distinct look, much like the PS1's wobbly polygons.

Edit:
What's also interesting is how increasing the internal resolution in parallel rdp comes with a same integer increase in msaa:
https://www.libretro.com/index.php/parallel-n64-low-level-rdp-upscaling-is-finally-here/

Of course the msaa can be disabled altogether in the settings.

Last edited by Zense,
Reactions: Deleted User

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, this one works basically perfect on n3ds. You will have to compile it yourself though, since the assets are included in the 3dsx.
Works like a champ, got something to play now that I'm done Paper Mario.

masterchan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Works great with HD models too, thx @Gericom !!

lD1qXkI.jpg

aTW6Fki.jpg

WBLjAbk.jpg

ajjR9B3.jpg

jimjonjimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just follow this depending on the platform of your choice.
I installed the app you linked here. What else am I supposed to do. The information in the github link seems to imply that one already know's how to use this.
I'm lost at the first step.
"For each version (jp/us/eu) that you want to build a ROM for, put an existing ROM at ./baserom.<version>.z64 for asset extraction."
I have my ROM file where is this location? After I place my ROM there do I just copy and paste the rest of the commend lines into there like CMD?

PGgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With the internet abuzz with news of a native Windows port of Super Mario 64, I was curious as to whether the experts think there is a path for porting it to the 3DS as well. The need is much lower thanks to @MasterFeizz but a native port would still be amazing. I suppose one would also need a tool to extract assets from a ROM to avoid copyright issues.
They just released the port for 3ds some days ago.
I'm a 'new member' of the forum (even if I went here lot of times for hacks, homebrew things etc., btw)
So I cannot post links so I'm going to "split" the GitHub link

github /sm64-port /sm64_3ds

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They just released the port for 3ds some days ago.
I'm a 'new member' of the forum (even if I went here lot of times for hacks, homebrew things etc., btw)
So I cannot post links so I'm going to "split" the GitHub link

github /sm64-port /sm64_3ds
I mean. gericom posted the actual site in the previous page of posts here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: As He himself even stated.