Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
sightlight said:
Hey Mega,

Suggestions:

A warning message that warns you about if the roms will work once edited.(Crashed Rom)

A warning that tell you that the OJB that the User is trying to add might not be compatible with an existing one.

A bar that tells you about the memory?

A warning that the game might lag because of so many OJB's or something.

I think suggestions like this will help a lot.

If there is anything i could help you wit please tell me. I would like to test or beta test or anything i can help with.
I've took a video with DESMUME of a edited SM64DS but i haven't been able to uploaded it.
1. The only ROM corruption that can be detected afaik is usage of objects with wrong object bank settings for them (crashes the level). SM64DSe v1.1 will take care of object bank settings...
2. Planned for v1.1.
3. What do you mean?
4. I thought about it, although I don't know about the game's limit, haven't even tried pushing it to its limits since no add object support yet. Also certain objects have more polygons than others, so I guess the limit is not fixed and depends on what you use in your level.

Thank you for your input
smile.gif

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mega-Mario said:
sightlight said:
Hey Mega,

Suggestions:

A warning message that warns you about if the roms will work once edited.(Crashed Rom)

A warning that tell you that the OJB that the User is trying to add might not be compatible with an existing one.

A bar that tells you about the memory?

A warning that the game might lag because of so many OJB's or something.

I think suggestions like this will help a lot.

If there is anything i could help you wit please tell me. I would like to test or beta test or anything i can help with.
I've took a video with DESMUME of a edited SM64DS but i haven't been able to uploaded it.
1. The only ROM corruption that can be detected afaik is usage of objects with wrong object bank settings for them (crashes the level). SM64DSe v1.1 will take care of object bank settings...
2. Planned for v1.1.
3. What do you mean?
4. I thought about it, although I don't know about the game's limit, haven't even tried pushing it to its limits since no add object support yet. Also certain objects have more polygons than others, so I guess the limit is not fixed and depends on what you use in your level.

Thank you for your input
smile.gif

2. 1.01 is not 1.1?
3. I meant, a bar telling you how much Ram is left or something like that.

---------------------------------------
I also though of a function that allows you to see the texture/3D view of an OBJ before selecting it.
To make sure you are grabbing the right OBJ and such.
Seeing the actual OBJ when applying it.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Nice. However, next time, post the URL of the youtube page (as opposed to the URL of the flash player thing), or even better, use the [ youtube ] BBCode
wink.gif

2. Nah. Well, I figured I could number the next version v1.2 or something, to avoid this kind of confusion...
3. If I'm getting what you mean right, it isn't needed. The maximum level space is 32k, and those 32k are always taken, no matter the actual size of the level, due to how overlays work.

Unrelatedly, if any of you are interested into text hacking, I posted technical info about SM64DS's text format there.

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was testing some more stuff. Learned and discover that the Blue-Coins are associated with the switch's..
Moved some starts..
Jolly Roger Bay...
This video is unnecessary but i wanted to do it
smile.gif

"013D - WATER_HAKIDASI" is that thing at deep in the water protecting the start in Jolly Roger Bay course. I think it makes you jump higher =) (I think that if we can do *Textures off* we can used it as some gravity free in a Super Mario Galaxy DS MOD
smile.gif
)

"002B - HANSWITCH" The switch to activate the walking blocks in Jolly Roger Bay.
"0019 - SW_BLOCK_L" The blocks..

"0104 - SLIDE_BOX" The box on the ship that moves.(Added, But dont know how to do it the right way. See Sliding Box.)

"0107 - OBJ_SHELL" The shell that opens and closes with a red coin in Jolly.(Red coin in an actual diferent OJB)

"003D - STAR" A yellow star.
Parameter1:0004
Parameter2:0000

Do i always include the parameters?
If yes a copy function to copy and paste the OJB's info to the website would be cool (ifs its easy for you). (Faster..)

This video is unnecessary but i wanted to do it
smile.gif

Jolly Roger Bay

Also i was wondering what program i would have to use to make models and make places?
I couldnt not understand much of that post you did about the "text" but it look like succeded.

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, i will continue my contributions, and about that. Is there an OJB that to mark where you are going to appear in the map?

EDIT: hey Mega, is this your main forum or is there someplace else(forum) you are simply publishing this?
I say this because im very interested in this. I wanna be there at my most.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
For now, SM64DS hacking isn't very popular so I didn't think that dedicating a forum to it was really needed. The base of operations is ABXD/NikoBoard, a forum about anything. I'm mainly posting here to keep you guys informed about what's going on with SM64DS hacking
smile.gif
ABXD/NikoBoard serves as a place to discuss about technical stuff, although not much technical discussion is happening.

skaraflame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well what a disappointment. It seems like I can only drag up and down, when I click on a model it doesn't take me there, when I try and move a model it moves up or down too, and I can't edit the terrain.
What's the point of this?

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW man watch that attitude! THIS IS A BIG PROJECT! AND IT STILL IN DEVELOPMENT! Do you have any idea how hard is to 'code'? its hard so fuck off if you are going to be complaining. Don't like it? GTFO!

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
skaraflame said:
Well what a disappointment. It seems like I can only drag up and down, when I click on a model it doesn't take me there, when I try and move a model it moves up or down too, and I can't edit the terrain.
Okay man, do you have a better editor for SM64DS? Nope. You can't even code. You're just a poor little noob. So SHUT THE FUCK UP.

(your username is right. You flame, however you also get flamed in reply.
tongue.gif
)

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
About the object database, I know it is broken ATM, editing objects throws a MySQL error but still says 'success'. That's because I changed the format of the objects table and didn't update the interface yet. There are also duplicate objects- I attempted to merge an autogenerated object info table with the database, but I did something wrong, so well... Once I get all that sorted out, contributions to it can resume
smile.gif

There's also a blog on the main page now. And you can post comments if you want
smile.gif

skaraflame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mega-Mario said:
skaraflame said:
Okay man, do you have a better editor for SM64DS? Nope. You can't even code. You're just a poor little noob. So SHUT THE FUCK UP.

tongue.gif
)
Hang on. Let me get this straight. Because I was complaining about the fact that this editor wasn't excactly brilliant, you then assume that I can't code, I have no money, I'm new to everything and I'll take orders from a strange being such as yourself... how normal.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
skaraflame said:
Mega-Mario said:
skaraflame said:

tongue.gif
)
Hang on. Let me get this straight. Because I was complaining about the fact that this editor wasn't excactly brilliant, you then assume that I can't code, I have no money, I'm new to everything and I'll take orders from a strange being such as yourself... how normal.
Never said you had no money, the 'poor' word did not have this meaning in the case it was being used. Aside from that, I'm pretty sure I was right- you can't even imagine how hard it is to hack SM64DS or to code an editor for a game, since you're saying the editor is bad because it doesn't do what Mr. Rotten Spoilt Brat Skaraflame wanted it to do.

Want to prove me wrong? Go ahead then. Code The Absolutely Best Editor For SM64DS and I will apologize. Unless then, shut up.

I suggest you shut up and stop causing shit now or I'll report you to the moderators for mindlessly bashing on my hard work.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Mega-Mario said:
skaraflame said:

tongue.gif
)
If you can't take criticism don't post your projects up. For a clearly decent Dev this is an incredibly childish post. A proper response would be to say that you haven't implemented terrain editting yet. Though quite how you'd go about it I don't know since the Level models are clearly seperate things that need to be loaded in then objects placed on them (so you'd need some way of creating that model and checking it fits in the DS constraints which would be a LOT to ask of you)

Skara, this is a WIP so its not gonna be perfect. Doesn't excuse his post but don't be too harsh.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
>criticism

The guy is claiming my hard work worthless just because it doesn't do what he wanted it to do. How the fuck can you call that 'criticism'?

Besides, terrain editing was already suggested -in the form of actual suggestions- and is planned for v1.1.

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mega -Mario is correct. Skara started it. It was already suggested. He just came to this topic to talk trash. Not even reading the previews posts of the topic. anyway..

back on topic.

I've been thinking on buying a NDSi XL to try this mods in real hardware.
I want a DSi XL with custom firmware
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster