Super Mario 3D World Excludes Online Multiplayer

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Personally I didn't like the multiplayer in any of these games so far; other players just get in your way all the time, so I don't really care, they could as well have no multiplayer at all.

But unless there are any technical reasons, I don't really see why there isn't online multiplayer.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Rayman Legends doesn't have online multiplayer? The first trailer shown last year clearly demonstrated the contrary. Did I miss something?

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone claiming online multiplayer cannot be cooperative is completely retarded and clearly hasn't played anything online with any semblance of seriousness. People manage to organise huge raids regularly on MMOs which require vastly more organisation than a Mario game could and things like mumble and teamspeak have long since killed the local only barriers for communication. If multiplayer is enjoyable only when you can physically strike the other people playing you are a pretty shitty person.

There seems to be a huge misconception that online play is equal to playing with randoms when that is simply false. I have played through multiple games through netplay or online functions with friends in other countries or counties and it has worked well because they were friends. This is literally something that would have been impossible years ago, I could not exactly get a friend over to hotseat a game when they live at the other end of the country or there is literally an ocean in the way of it but online play makes it possible and that is a good thing.

Just because you have personally had bad experiences or do not see the appeal does not in fact strip something of its value and the idea of something like online play actually ruining a game is completely fucking ludicrous.

~

But really why the hell is this shit on the frontpage? Nintendo are completely retarded when it comes to online, they claimed it would be too hard to code online for pikmin when RTS games have had online for nearly twenty years for christ sake.

Reactions: Cortador

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still trying to figure out how this is news, especially front page news.

The Catboy & mariofanactic64 pretty much got my exact thoughts.
well right now the front page is like this: Nintendo sucks, Nintendo doesn't know online, Nintendo sucks, xbox one sucks, ps4 rules gets all gaems, Nintendo sucks, new xbox slim sucks, xbox one runs on win 7 sucks, Nintendo sucks

also to the one that said I am a shitty person for punching my friend, seems like you don't know the concept of a real friend.

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people may be right, kinda a bummer but this actually gets you to

Step 1. Get up

Step 2. go to a friends /play with family member.

Its seems like now adays people want multilayer for everything. Plus a Mario game like this could at least have new power ups or levels for dlc if anything.
OH GOD, I HAVE TO GET MY FAT ASS OUT OF MY CHAIR TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER ON A MARIO GAME?!?!??!?!?!? FUCK NO, DEAL BREAKER.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here are some from mariofan:

But having it as an option wouldn't hurt. You'd still have local multiplayer, and online as well if you wanted to.

Hell I'd still have plenty of fun knocking about my buddies online as we all laugh and giggle together. There's no logical reason to exclude such a basic feature when it doesn't hurt the game at all. It only adds to it.

Reactions: Thomas83Lin

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But having it as an option wouldn't hurt. You'd still have local multiplayer, and online as well if you wanted to.

Hell I'd still have plenty of fun knocking about my buddies online as we all laugh and giggle together. There's no logical reason to exclude such a basic feature when it doesn't hurt the game at all. It only adds to it.

I still think that something that feels bad/poorly implemented should not be implemented at all.. ..and on this case, I can't see much of good implementation that would be worth for Nintendo to worry about

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not trying to defend Nintendo or anything.

"Super Mario 3D World Excludes Online Multiplayer" is not news. No one ever said Super Mario 3D World would include online multiplayer, if they announced they were going to and later changed their mind then it would be news. Also, previous 3D Mario titles didn't have online multiplayer so it's not like it was a consense that this specific title would. Also the title of the news is wrong, it would be "Super Mario 3D World doesn't include Online Multiplayer", because you can only exclude something that was already included in the first place.

So this "news" basically say "a video game will not have a feature that no one announced it would have in the first place". Can you imagine if everytime an AAA game didn't have a Time Trial mode someone posted something like "New CoD won't have trial mode"? For me this kind of thing only serves to feed fanboyish discussions...

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

yokomoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've always wanted a 3D Mario game to have local multiplayer. REAL multiplayer, not that crap in Mario Galaxy 2. I wish Nintendo had done this on Wii cuz there's no way I'm buying a system that'll be dead in a year.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've always wanted a 3D Mario game to have local multiplayer. REAL multiplayer, not that crap in Mario Galaxy 2. I wish Nintendo had done this on Wii cuz there's no way I'm buying a system that'll be dead in a year.

That's so funny. Everybody said the same thing about the 3DS "I want the Mario game, but I'm not buying a handheld that'll be dead in a year when the Vita is released."

bastalle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Online modes would be nice but not if they sacrifice split screen play. I hate it on the 360 when I find I can only play multiplayer through live.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This news doesn't bother me at all I hardly ever use multiplayer any way except in certain games. I just want to know the release date because I've got 70$ in eshop cards waiting in the wings for its release.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me this kind of thing only serves to feed fanboyish discussions...
this x9000...

people complain about the decay of gbatemp, that in every thread there are just fanboyism discussions about who has the bigger e-penis, well we certainly have level up! now the publishers/moderators/reporters are doing this on purpose

also no one seems to talk about the need of 2 consoles and 2 games to play online multiplayer while for local multiplayer you just need 1 and 1, economically it doesn't makes sense to complain about this, you are just arguing for the sake of arguing...

inb4 I need to pay gas to drive to my friends

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i heard obs makes gd lag alot