parlourgames.jpg

Lushay

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you serious? How are they purposely excluding multiplayer in these games and listening to people whine about it not being there? Wake up, Nintendo. Why do I have to enjoy playing with my friends while playing in the same room on the same screen with them?

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see mario now, dual wielding FMG9's, or camping in a dark corner somewhere waiting snipe toad from across the map. Or perhaps a Mario dungeon crawler. What exactly would an open world Mario game look like, and what would you do in it, with an online community?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Are you serious? How are they purposely excluding multiplayer in these games and listening to people whine about it not being there? Wake up, Nintendo. Why do I have to enjoy playing with my friends while playing in the same room on the same screen with them?
Actually you can enjoy the game in the same room on two screens thanks to the Wii U gamepad.

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Let's take away the option of having online multiplayer in this game, after all, we can not have both Online and Offline multiplayer on the same game, that would be preposterous!"

Reactions: Thomas83Lin

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people may be right, kinda a bummer but this actually gets you to

Step 1. Get up

Step 2. go to a friends /play with family member.

Its seems like nowadays people want multiplayer for everything. Plus a Mario game like this could at least have new power ups or levels for dlc if anything.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITT nintendo haters "Deal breaker! no online no support! nintendo doesn't understand online! they need to lead! no infrastructure! QQ!"

everyone else: "as expected"

Reactions: Fyrus

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Some people may be right, kinda a bummer but this actually gets you to

Step 1. Get up

Step 2. go to a friends /play with family member.

Its seems like nowadays people want multiplayer for everything. Plus a Mario game like this could at least have new power ups or levels for dlc if anything.
Well that's one way of interpreting it, but you could just as well play with someone over the internet. I've got quite a few friends that live in other countries, but are good friends. While I rarely play online multiplayer due to not having time for gaming at times, I would love to play online in a game like mario. Just like NintendoLand-type games would be fantastic with online, but just as well as offline multiplayer. Giving the option of online multiplayer isn't making local gaming any worse. Quite the opposite.

ITT nintendo haters "Deal breaker! no online no support! nintendo doesn't understand online! they need to lead! no infrastructure! QQ!"

everyone else: "as expected"
I've got quite a few Nintendo consoles and games (legit, flashcarts and such are just for the simplicity compared to carrying multiple carts), and I would like to have the option of using online. Some games really do benefit from online gaming, both on Nintendo platforms and on others too. Imagine if you still had to trade Pokémons over a link cable.. Online gaming is here and it can be done in many ways. It's not hating for wanting to get more features for a game. It's telling an opinion (though some may tell it sarcastically), which is very good in open forums like this. At least I've changed quite a few of my opinions thanks to discussions here and elsewhere.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got quite a few Nintendo consoles and games (legit, flashcarts and such are just for the simplicity compared to carrying multiple carts), and I would like to have the option of using online. Some games really do benefit from online gaming, both on Nintendo platforms and on others too. Imagine if you still had to trade Pokémons over a link cable.. Online gaming is here and it can be done in many ways. It's not hating for wanting to get more features for a game. It's telling an opinion (though some may tell it sarcastically), which is very good in open forums like this. At least I've changed quite a few of my opinions thanks to discussions here and elsewhere.
you said so yourself, some games do benefit, some games don't, it's up to the devs to decide which games gets online multiplayer (mario kart 8) and which games gets local multiplayer (mario platformers) and in this case I completely agree with them.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
The two friends who own a Wii U lives in a town nearby, so I think online multiplayer would definatly be something we'd want to try out.
As long as the game is good singleplayer, I probably won't care.
But seeing as this is coming from a big company as Nintendo, it really surprises me they don't care much about their online strategy.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Some games really do benefit from online gaming.
Some games, right there sums up everything.
Mario games would not benefit from it though. I've played NSMW and NSMWU multiplayer, they were extremely fun, but also something that would quickly become impossible if you weren't sitting next to the people you are playing with.
This is one of those games where I can see more people complaining about online that praising if it had it.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some games, right there sums up everything.
Mario games would not benefit from it though. I've played NSMW and NSMWU multiplayer, they were extremely fun, but also something that would quickly become impossible if you weren't sitting next to the people you are playing with.
This is one of those games where I can see more people complaining about online that praising if it had it.

Why's that?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But seeing as this is coming from a big company as Nintendo, it really surprises me they don't care much about their online strategy.
you said so yourself, some games do benefit, some games don't, it's up to the devs to decide which games gets online multiplayer (mario kart 8) and which games gets local multiplayer (mario platformers) and in this case i completely agree with them

I rather they focus their resources on their games that benefits from online the most than tack it on anything that has multiplayer.

/thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...