Hardware Super Glue and O3DS = not good idea :(

Soaron123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

I hope this is the right spot. I went to super glue the rubber part of the joystick back on to the joystick and the glue spurted everywhere. Its stuck in the joystick part and the d-pad part and has made them stiff. Any ideas or suggestions on how to remedy this? I was thinking of opening the system and cleaning it, but I've never done it before and I'm scared that I might break things doing so :(. Thanks in advance.

Soaron123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers, that site looks very helpful. Just wondering, does removing the battery cause any problems? I am on A9LH 11.4.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
like thermal paste in your cpu, just a tiny dot is enough.

heres some help: https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Nintendo_3DS
i think alcohol is great to remove most glues?
When the Glue is not hard you can remove it with Alcohol. But when it is hard the easiest way is carefully peel it of... (if a spot is to big you could try to break it).

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
cheers, that site looks very helpful. Just wondering, does removing the battery cause any problems? I am on A9LH 11.4.
nope, you will probably just lose the clock settings, other than that it doesn't brick or something if that's what ya thinking

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I used superglue for mine on a 2DS long ago, spilled just a tiny bit on the rim (didn't go in under the analog), but now the rubber has actually started to come apart in bits and pieces, so I highly suggest you just use a tiny (really tiny) amount of silicone instead (like with the silicone pistol or something, just a small ball at the size of a BB) and put the rubber back on really fast before it gets hard and push firmly. About cleaning the glue, either get a solution for glues (stuff that turns hardened glue back to liquid) or clean alcohol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-