Hardware Old 3DS won't turn on, but still accept charge in

Obsoletecookie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everybody, tonight, after waiting for 3 years, get the enough money for buying the replacement for my old 3ds, I finally repair it, but at what cost?, everything was working even the screens and the touch and other things that I bought it for repair it completely, was fine, until I think that buy a shell replacement for the bottom upper was a great idea, because originally my 3DS died because I wasn't very carefully, dropped a lot of times until it breaks in two part , all the upper part was broken including flexes, however the shelbreaks in the part where the hinge shaft is and was difficult using it, I used super glue to repair for moments that part of the shell and using it without much problem, it was working fine but after being an mess and dropped it a lot of times and many breaks in the past, I decided to buy the replacement for the shell, after it arrives I decided to finally repair it (in those moments still works) and test it with the new shell after some hours and forgo t to recharge it, won't turn on, I don't know how happened, but everything I tried to turn it on, doesn't work, and cleaning everything, test it if have a problem in te motherboard (I don' t really know if something really bad happen when I tried this) and nowi tried to turn it on without shell or anything and doesn't work only thing it does is when I put it to charge no matter if have the battery or not, is orange led turns on for 5 seconds and turn off, any suggestions idea or something? To help me to repair my console and bring it back to his glory?
Also for more information, i recorded a video for more analisis

Attachments

• VID_20221230_171146.mp4
    23.1 MB
Last edited by Obsoletecookie,

XRTerra

What if instead of ohio, it was kai cenat land
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody, tonight, after waiting for 3 years, get the enough money for buying the replacement for my old 3ds, I finally repair it, but at what cost?, everything was working even the screens and the touch and other things that I bought it for repair it completely, was fine, until I think that buy a shell replacement for the bottom upper was a great idea, because originally my 3DS died because I wasn't very carefully, dropped a lot of times until it breaks in two part , all the upper part was broken including flexes, however the shelbreaks in the part where the hinge shaft is and was difficult using it, I used super glue to repair for moments that part of the shell and using it without much problem, it was working fine but after being an mess and dropped it a lot of times and many breaks in the past, I decided to buy the replacement for the shell, after it arrives I decided to finally repair it (in those moments still works) and test it with the new shell after some hours and forgo t to recharge it, won't turn on, I don't know how happened, but everything I tried to turn it on, doesn't work, and cleaning everything, test it if have a problem in te motherboard (I don' t really know if something really bad happen when I tried this) and nowi tried to turn it on without shell or anything and doesn't work only thing it does is when I put it to charge no matter if have the battery or not, is orange led turns on for 5 seconds and turn off, any suggestions idea or something? To help me to repair my console and bring it back to his glory?

Are all the ribbon cables in place?

Reactions: Obsoletecookie

Obsoletecookie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are all the ribbon cables in place?
Yes except the cameras, because it broke and never found the replacement, but it work normally without it
Post automatically merged:

Uh, so did you get a upper screen replacement as well?
As for the orange led, does it look like it's flickering & not consistent?
Yes all the components needs for make it work, dand the orange led it just pops up when I plugged in the charger and just stays there for 5 seconds, then it it turn off the led

Hodoodle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same sort of thing is happening to me after upper screen replacement.
Yes all the components needs for make it work, dand the orange led it just pops up when I plugged in the charger and just stays there for 5 seconds, then it it turn off the led
Im guessing that is because the 3ds turns the LED off when the battery is full.

Obsoletecookie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
same sort of thing is happening to me after upper screen replacement.

Im guessing that is because the 3ds turns the LED off when the battery is full.
Maybe, because, before all this happen I charge it completely because I thought it was typical error, but nope, I was wrong, but the other thing is interesting, it's happen the same if doesn't have the battery, just the console

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1