Hardware Super Glue and O3DS = not good idea :(

  • Thread starter Thread starter Soaron123
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,062
  • Replies Replies 6

Soaron123

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 6, 2016
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
Age
35
XP
364
Country
Hi Guys,

I hope this is the right spot. I went to super glue the rubber part of the joystick back on to the joystick and the glue spurted everywhere. Its stuck in the joystick part and the d-pad part and has made them stiff. Any ideas or suggestions on how to remedy this? I was thinking of opening the system and cleaning it, but I've never done it before and I'm scared that I might break things doing so :(. Thanks in advance.
 
cheers, that site looks very helpful. Just wondering, does removing the battery cause any problems? I am on A9LH 11.4.
 
like thermal paste in your cpu, just a tiny dot is enough.

heres some help: https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Nintendo_3DS
i think alcohol is great to remove most glues?
When the Glue is not hard you can remove it with Alcohol. But when it is hard the easiest way is carefully peel it of... (if a spot is to big you could try to break it).
 
cheers, that site looks very helpful. Just wondering, does removing the battery cause any problems? I am on A9LH 11.4.
nope, you will probably just lose the clock settings, other than that it doesn't brick or something if that's what ya thinking
 
I used superglue for mine on a 2DS long ago, spilled just a tiny bit on the rim (didn't go in under the analog), but now the rubber has actually started to come apart in bits and pieces, so I highly suggest you just use a tiny (really tiny) amount of silicone instead (like with the silicone pistol or something, just a small ball at the size of a BB) and put the rubber back on really fast before it gets hard and push firmly. About cleaning the glue, either get a solution for glues (stuff that turns hardened glue back to liquid) or clean alcohol.
 

Site & Scene News