dohclude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
I just thought I would share my holiday blight with all of you guys. First of all, the clutch went out in my car (93 honda prelude). Spent weeks taking it apart, replacing the clutch and flywheel, etc. Got it all back together and it doesn't work, throwout bearing wasn't on right, I have to pull the entire transmission and start over again. If you aren't car tech savvy this basically means a whole crap load of wasted time and energy and effort and then it has to be done all over again. Got sick, went to the hospital (no insurance mind you) and I have a big fat kidney stone to go along with the nice new $4000+ in medical bills that I can't afford. Found out today that my Grandmother in the nursing home has to have surgery to have her gallbladder removed. My wife has a bad cavity and needs to have her tooth pulled, but she can't because we have no insurance and no money. She's been up for a week screaming and crying in pain all night and all day long (which means I have been up with no sleep too.) Then to top it all off, my power goes out earlier on tonight for about 5 hours after flickering for a while. I've been sitting in the freezing cold with no heater all night next to my wife who is still in agony. Well, power comes back on and I go to switch on my PC... no beeps, nothing on the screen, reboots over and over every 5 seconds. Come to find out that it fried my new RAM that I just got (built the computer brand new three months ago.) Now I can't use my main computer which has all of my data and all of my work for GBA cheats on it (if you follow my cheat releases don't be expecting any updates for awhile.) I'm posting this from a Pentium II laptop which I am surprised even still boots. That's about all that's happened so far up to this very moment right now. I'm just waiting for the next thing to go wrong so I can snap and end up in a mental institution before the week is out.
wacko.gif
All of this in the couple of weeks leading up to Christmas and now I can't get any gifts for anybody in my family. Anyways, I hope you guys are all having a better holiday than I am this year, and if anybody has some DDR2 800 RAM they can donate (or some cash lol) that would be just great.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whoa, that sounds awful, my heart goes out to you dude. I thought I was having a bad time still doing my coursework up until 12 every night the week before Xmas, but that's kinda nothing compared to that aha.
Anyway, I can just hope things get better for you. Try and enjoy Christmas as much as you can!

dohclude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
My RAM is Crucial brand and according to their warranty agreement, they only provide RMA's for defective products. Damage caused by electrical problems isn't covered. Sucks because I have this pc running through a $40 surge protector too. arg.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dohclude said:
My RAM is Crucial brand and according to their warranty agreement, they only provide RMA's for defective products. Damage caused by electrical problems isn't covered. Sucks because I have this pc running through a $40 surge protector too. arg.

If that is the only thing wrong with the computer I doubt it was ekectrical problems still does not hurt to call them up and you can just state it stopped working. Also a lot of the times surge proctector companies will replace products that it does not protect when it should so you can always check that route.

If I had some ddr2 ram I would throw them your way but sadly I do not.

Hope you get that and everything else sorted and good luck to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker