Homebrew SuMo No outlines w/o CFW

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have access to the hbl? You can use braindump to dump a sumo cxi. Then, you can split that into an exefs.bin and romfs.bin. You can then decompress the exefs.bin to get the code.bin. Edit the hex files in the code.bin to patch the outlines (which is extremely easy actually), recompress the code.bin into the exefs.bin, then use hans to load it.

Reactions: Hopalongtom

SpiceDisUp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Okay
Do you have access to the hbl? You can use braindump to dump a sumo cxi. Then, you can split that into an exefs.bin and romfs.bin. You can then decompress the exefs.bin to get the code.bin. Edit the hex files in the code.bin to patch the outlines (which is extremely easy actually), recompress the code.bin into the exefs.bin, then use hans to load it.
I have a CFWed 2DS, I'm planning to buy OOT and install OOTHAX on that, to use on my N3DSXL... Sometime around christmas

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Okay

I have a CFWed 2DS, I'm planning to buy OOT and install OOTHAX on that, to use on my N3DSXL... Sometime around christmas
Wait, if you have a CFW'd 2DS, why don't you just use the DSi transfer method to get CFW on your N3DSXL? It's both faster and cheaper than buying OoT3D, and you can do it at any time.
The only drawback is that you don't have OoT3D

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Okay

Please do not buy a copy of oot3d. For nearly the same price, you can buy a DS flashcart. They're around $20, and they can be used to install a full cfw from a stock console. It's a better deal for a better value.

Last edited by Giodude,
Reactions: BL4Z3D247 and ThoD

SpiceDisUp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, if you have a CFW'd 2DS, why don't you just use the DSi transfer method to get CFW on your N3DSXL? It's both faster and cheaper than buying OoT3D, and you can do it at any time.
The only drawback is that you don't have OoT3D
Cant, all my data is already on my new 3ds.

Please do not buy a copy of oot3d. For nearly the same price, you can buy a DS flashcart. They're around $20, and they can be used to install a full cfw from a stock console. It's a better deal for a better value.
My parents won't let me custom firmware the N3DSXL Till EOL. :(

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... Till it gets old. (My parents don't trust me around CFW, I Bricked a Kindle Fire installing Android)
You shouldn't mention you're using it to install cfw. In fact, you shouldn't mention it at all. In my opinion, you should save up about $25, go to a local store and buy a prepaid Visa, and use that to order the cart, and then just casually mentioned it when it arrives. Also, b9s brick rates are at an all time low of 0%, and being easier to install then ever.

SpiceDisUp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forgive my bluntness but . . . that makes no fucking sense your parents allow you to cfw your 2ds but deem it too risky for your n3ds . . . but only risky while games are being made. . . i call shenanigans
2ds cost: $80 N3ds cost: $200

It should. Take a pic to make sure it's compatible.
Can't get it right now, gonna have to ask them for it.

Reactions: Giodude

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually don't. AFAIK braindump doesnt dump some stuff properly on newer games and more importantly, it cant properly dump the exheader.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually don't. AFAIK braindump doesnt dump some stuff properly on newer games and more importantly, it cant properly dump the exheader.
Then wii u usb helper works just as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there something that dumps everything? Cause it works fine with mk7
^ look it up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: