Suikoden Tierkreis text location

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by vigo, Mar 30, 2012.

Mar 30, 2012
  1. vigo
    OP

Newcomer vigo Member

United Kingdom
    I am the big fan of Suikoden series and I would like to translate Suikoden Tierkreis from english to polish. Thanks lptexttool (Love Plus hacking tool) I am able to find a bit of text, which is located in txrc files. But there should be more. I can't find text from cut scenes and movies. I have checked all txrc and bin files, but it is not over there.
    Please, can somebody help me?

2. defunct32

Member defunct32 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Are you doing this alone? Suikoden is an RPG w/ lots of text, if you're really going to pull a one-man show then I wish you all the best. ; )

3. Auryn

Member Auryn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    Why you not help yourself and use the "search" button in the upper right corner of this forum?? Your answer should be on page 2 of the search.

4. vigo
    OP

Newcomer vigo Member

United Kingdom
    Ok. I found sce_sbin_eng.bin file where suppose to be a scenarios text. Unfortunately this text is not visible. I am guessing it is some compression. Any ideas what to do to have a plain visible text?

5. Gryphon93

Member Gryphon93 GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    I don't know what the file looks like "inside", but it might be LZ77/LZSS compressed if the start byte is 0x10 or 0x11. Try a de/compression tool like http://code.google.com/p/dsdecmp/ and see if it manages to decompress the file. If it doesn't, then the file might be encoded or encrypted in some way.