ROM Hack Suikoden Tierkreis text location

vigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am the big fan of Suikoden series and I would like to translate Suikoden Tierkreis from english to polish. Thanks lptexttool (Love Plus hacking tool) I am able to find a bit of text, which is located in txrc files. But there should be more. I can't find text from cut scenes and movies. I have checked all txrc and bin files, but it is not over there.
Please, can somebody help me?

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Are you doing this alone? Suikoden is an RPG w/ lots of text, if you're really going to pull a one-man show then I wish you all the best. ; )

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I am the big fan of Suikoden series and I would like to translate Suikoden Tierkreis from english to polish. Thanks lptexttool (Love Plus hacking tool) I am able to find a bit of text, which is located in txrc files. But there should be more. I can't find text from cut scenes and movies. I have checked all txrc and bin files, but it is not over there.
Please, can somebody help me?
Why you not help yourself and use the "search" button in the upper right corner of this forum?? Your answer should be on page 2 of the search.

vigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. I found sce_sbin_eng.bin file where suppose to be a scenarios text. Unfortunately this text is not visible. I am guessing it is some compression. Any ideas what to do to have a plain visible text?

Gryphon93

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what the file looks like "inside", but it might be LZ77/LZSS compressed if the start byte is 0x10 or 0x11. Try a de/compression tool like http://code.google.com/p/dsdecmp/ and see if it manages to decompress the file. If it doesn't, then the file might be encoded or encrypted in some way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: