Hardware [Suggestion]You should replace the PS4's thermal paste.

xYuunax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Just replaced my thermal paste on PS4, and now it runs silently, even on full load.

See example here of the noise comparison from before and after replacing the paste.

Fan Sound comparison @ 2:56

**Video is not mine**

Last edited by xYuunax,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've been getting several PS4's with a similar issue.
The stock paste they use is rubbish and any thermal paste you as an end user apply to it will definitely work better.

xYuunax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I've been getting several PS4's with a similar issue.
The stock paste they use is rubbish and any thermal paste you as an end user apply to it will definitely work better.

Yea, and I'm using MX-4 thermal compound, which is guaranteed to last up to 8 years... also due to better heat transfer, less stress on the fan. (Less chances of fan failures)

Last edited by xYuunax,

xYuunax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have OG from a month after release and I swear it doesn’t make that much noise.

I clean the ps4 at least once a year, (dusting the insides) but never replaced the paste... When the system was under full load on games like God of War, I noticed the fan was running a little louder than usual. (Not loud like some videos of their PS4 sounding like a jet engine).

The OG paste was not dried, so at first i wasn't sure if it would make any difference, but after running an hour of gameplay, the fan still runs silently.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just replaced my thermal paste on PS4, and now it runs silently, even on full load.

See example here of the noise comparison from before and after replacing the paste.

Fan Sound comparison @ 2:56

**Video is not mine**

also make a hole at the bottom with a mesh filter over it. Did that with mine and now it's barely warm 2 the touch anymore and is around 15 degrees cooler

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: As long as you're not going hungry, it's nice to share things with your friends +1