Hacking Suddenly no games work, corrupt data.

ajp_anton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Guys, you know what, I solved it! This has to be the stupidest solution to a problem ever, but I tried another USB port for connecting Goldleaf to Goldtree. Everything sent through this port works, everything sent through the other port doesn't. Anyone even heard of such a thing? Both ports work completely fine for everything else. Though it seems like the non-working port isn't connected directly to the PCH, but through a separate USB controller on the motherboard.

Why do I always have to solve my problems right after I create a thread about it...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Please elaborate. Aren't you banned?
Yes, updating the firmware is apparently the only thing Nintendo allows me to do on their servers.

Last edited by ajp_anton,

greatgreatnin

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Guys, you know what, I solved it! This has to be the stupidest solution to a problem ever, but I tried another USB port for connecting Goldleaf to Goldtree. Everything sent through this port works, everything sent through the other port doesn't. Anyone even heard of such a thing? Both ports work completely fine for everything else. Though it seems like the non-working port isn't connected directly to the PCH, but through a separate USB controller on the motherboard.

Why do I always have to solve my problems right after I create a thread about it...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, updating the firmware is apparently the only thing Nintendo allows me to do on their servers.

Sorry i can't follow ,so you solved this issue after trying another USB port for connect goldleaf for installing games ?

ajp_anton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sorry i can't follow ,so you solved this issue after trying another USB port for connect goldleaf for installing games ?
Yes. Goldleaf/-tree always found each other, but for some reason using the other USB port on the computer corrupted everything I tried to install.

omega7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I also have a problem with games suddenly getting corrupted at random on 8.0.1, iam on the latest version kosmos/atmosphere.

cherryduck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've had a problem with games randomly becoming corrupt also, I was originally on 7.0 when it started happening, and this was from games installed from the SD card through Goldleaf. I updated to 8.0.1 in case there was an issue with the newer updates for the games but had the same issues with my games being corrupt until I reinstalled them through Goldleaf.

omega7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've had a problem with games randomly becoming corrupt also, I was originally on 7.0 when it started happening, and this was from games installed from the SD card through Goldleaf. I updated to 8.0.1 in case there was an issue with the newer updates for the games but had the same issues with my games being corrupt until I reinstalled them through Goldleaf.
for me i didnt use Goldleaf

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am having the same issue, even with games that I installed weeks ago and were working fine without any problems then aren´t working anymore.

Any other ides how to fix this without installing every game again?

Norax

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Same for me. Today I updated from 6.2/SX 2.5.2 to 8.0.1/SX 2.7.1 and with like ~90% of the installed .nsp games I get the error " Could not start software. Please try again from home menu" and after that the .nsp games are corrupt. I do not use EmuNAND or changed anything else besides the update. Most of the nsps were installed through the SX Album Installer. Micro-SD should work fine because a few games start without problems...

Is there maybe a faster method (f.e. messing around with tickets) than reinstalling all the .nsp games?

Last edited by Norax,

omega7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah , but I do not think thats what you problem is. I think your SD card is corrupt
hmm, i did fixed some bad sectors and then reformatted it. If thats the case is there a way to fix that, or do i have to get a new one?

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, i did fixed some bad sectors and then reformatted it. If thats the case is there a way to fix that, or do i have to get a new one?

not just going to fix bad sectors on a SD card and switch stuff work...... yeah the SD is your issue sounds like .... get a new SD be sure all the files are up to date for the switch ..... that is your issue

to be honest never heard of bad sectors on a SD... do a full format and then try it before buying a new one

Last edited by Undwiz,

Pacote

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Same for me. Today I updated from 6.2/SX 2.5.2 to 8.0.1/SX 2.7.1 and with like ~90% of the installed .nsp games I get the error " Could not start software. Please try again from home menu" and after that the .nsp games are corrupt. I do not use EmuNAND or changed anything else besides the update. Most of the nsps were installed through the SX Album Installer. Micro-SD should work fine because a few games start without problems...

Is there maybe a faster method (f.e. messing around with tickets) than reinstalling all the .nsp games?
I was having the same problem since I went straight from 6.0.0 to 8.0.1 , even reinstalling games with known good .NSP wasnt working so I just restored my nand and updated to 7.0.1 instead

Everything working perfectly now.

Will update to the latest fw only when needed in the future

Calzy_G

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like I've been lucky after reading about the amount of problems people have been having since updating! I went from 6.2.0 emuNAND to 8.0.1 emuNAND. Everything I installed through the SXOS installer menu on 6.2.0 emuNAND worked fine after the update. It was all a mixture of real nsp / xci and a mixture of conversions I had done myself using NSC_Builder v0.82. Anything over 4GB was split and trimmed using XCI-Cutter v2.4.2.0.

I've only ever used FAT32 to avoid problems, never installed the exFAT driver on sysNAND or emuNAND.

Last edited by Calzy_G,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I also have a problem with games suddenly getting corrupted at random on 8.0.1, iam on the latest version kosmos/atmosphere.
exact same shit happening to me now, lot of my games (nsp) on sxos aren't working ,says to go back home and i get a "!"icon on the games and that they need to be redownloaded.

I'm guessing the only solution is to reinstall?

kevinbrew

Trophies
XP
Country
I have same issue. i reinstalled a game to fix the corrupt problem and it worked for a day and then stopped working again

olive069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
exact same shit happening to me now, lot of my games (nsp) on sxos aren't working ,says to go back home and i get a "!"icon on the games and that they need to be redownloaded.

I'm guessing the only solution is to reinstall?

I have same issue. i reinstalled a game to fix the corrupt problem and it worked for a day and then stopped working again

Same issue here. Maybe SxOS last update bug?

Reactions: kevinbrew

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Same issue here. Maybe SxOS last update bug?
most of my games that i installed through the built in installer from sxos (through album) had gone corrupt, but games i had installed recently with usb had not gone corrupt.

i was told that the built in installer causes these issues, so i am reinstalling the games now via usb (tinfoil) but even there i got my switch crash on me during installation, sucks , hopefully though they wont corrupt on me again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's fine just stream the game! Lol
    +1
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes. +1