OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I was playing Riddled Corpses EX and the music suddenly cut out. In the process of going to the next stage, the game froze. I exited from the game, tried to relaunch, but it hung on the games icon and completely froze my system.

I held the power button, restarted the system through safe mode and it got stuck on the boot screen while the green led light continuously flashed. Only once did it boot past the logo after multiple attempts, but none of my games were in the livearea. I managed to get past the issue by choosing rebuild in safe mode, booting with the L trigger, reloading config.txt and restarting the system.

After all that, the same problem has occurred again while I was playing YS:MoC. This time, the music cut out and back in multiple times until it stopped playing at all. I tried going to the menu in-game and the game froze.

Does anyone know what’s causing these issues all of a sudden?

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was playing Riddled Corpses EX and the music suddenly cut out. In the process of going to the next stage, the game froze. I exited from the game, tried to relaunch, but it hung on the games icon and completely froze my system.

I held the power button, restarted the system through safe mode and it got stuck on the boot screen while the green led light continuously flashed. Only once did it boot past the logo after multiple attempts, but none of my games were in the livearea. I managed to get past the issue by choosing rebuild in safe mode, booting with the L trigger, reloading config.txt and restarting the system.

After all that, the same problem has occurred again while I was playing YS:MoC. This time, the music cut out and back in multiple times until it stopped playing at all. I tried going to the menu in-game and the game froze.

Does anyone know what’s causing these issues all of a sudden?
Strange it sounds like a plugin issue though, check to make sure you do not have multiple tai folders, you should only have one in ur0. And what plugins do you have activated, can you post your config.txt? Some plugins conflict with eachother, and in order to fix they have to be run before or after other plugins or even be disabled when other plugins are in use otherwise they conflict.

SkatesBest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I find it weird that any of my plugins could be conflicting with one another because I haven't had any issues until today. But here is my config.txt:

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/henkaku.skprx
ur0:tai/memory.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/reF00D.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget

*KERNEL
ur0:vitacheat/vitacheat.skprx

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it weird that any of my plugins could be conflicting with one another because I haven't had any issues until today. But here is my config.txt:

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/henkaku.skprx
ur0:tai/memory.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/reF00D.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget

*KERNEL
ur0:vitacheat/vitacheat.skprx

You should only have one *KERNEL move vitacheat line to under refood line and delete the second *KERNEL

Also what is memory.skprx? Never heard of it, that might be what is causing your issue.

Last edited by kaymynd,

SkatesBest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I have no clue what memory.skprx is, but it has been there since I had the system. Like I said, I haven't had any problems until today so I don't think that plugin is an issue, whatever it may be.

I deleted the extra *KERNEL line so i'm going to play like normal and see if I encounter anymore issues. I appreciate your help.

Reactions: kaymynd

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I have no clue what memory.skprx is, but it has been there since I had the system. Like I said, I haven't had any problems until today so I don't think that plugin is an issue, whatever it may be.

I deleted the extra *KERNEL line so i'm going to play like normal and see if I encounter anymore issues. I appreciate your help.
Sounds good hope that fixes the issue, if not I'm betting it has to do with the memory.skprx. I'll do some digging see if i can find out what it does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol