Submit your gaming knowledge, WIN AN SCDSTWO!

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
THE QUIZ WILL TAKE PLACE AT #gbatemp-trivia ON irc2.gbatemp.net:5190
IF YOU WISH TO TAKE PART PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW http://gbatemp.net/d...rc-server-rules
You can also connect with mibbit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today on the #gbatemp.net IRC channel we have added a trivia bot for people to use in the channel 'down' time i.e when no one is chatting,
Problem is we have no actual video game related questions. Here is where we want your help. We need as many gaming related questions as you can possibly think of, and care to submit.

The format is:

question*answer

1 per line.

Example:
Who is the famous Nintendo mascot?*Mario

You could also do fill in the blank stuff like:

Fill in the blank: _____ the Hedgehog*Sonic

Please submit your questions with answers in the above format VIA PM TO MYSELF so we can add them to the trivia bot on IRC.
If you wish to join in and play please follow http://gbatemp.net/d...rc-server-rules

Atm there are just general knowledge and movie questions running, but we want it to be exclusivley video game related, so the more questions you can think up the better.

[-EDIT-]
To make sure this gets some results, we will be running the trivia bot with all the added questions next Sunday. Whoever wins the round will receive a Supercard DSTWO, not sure if standard or a GBAtemp one, but either way you get a Supercard DSTWO.
So obviously the best way to up your odds of winning is to submit the most questions so you know all the answers!

This thread will be here for one week from today. All questions must be sent VIA PM to myself by 17:00 GMT+0 11/03/2012.
The quiz will take place on the irc server at 20:00 GMT+0.

THE CHANNEL THAT WILL BE USED FOR THE QUIZ IS #gbatemp-trivia ON irc2.gbatemp.net:5190

The game is now over and the winner was @SignZ
The chan is still open to play and it also runs in the main channel.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How many Chaos Emeralds were featured in the game "Sonic the Hedgehog" for the Sega Genesis/MegaDrive?

So, so, so many people will get that one wrong. :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Great question Foxi thanks for adding but I edited the main post so everyone doesn't see the answers, you can now also win a prize.
Thanks.
I see, I see. Well, you've seen it already, so rather then sending a PM I just blanked out the answer, if that helps, lol. Me and skim-reading - always works.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sent a message with a couple of questions, maybe I'll find some more later on. If I win the prize, you can give it to someone else, I don't need it all.

Is this quiz a one time deal, or can you use the bot any time? Nice initiative, looking forward to it :)

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I didnt understand, could you clairify please?
PM me gaming related questions. they must be in this format and one on each line:

QUESTION?*ANSWER

On Sunday join the IRC channel (yet to be announced) and play the trivia game. The winner receives an SCDSTWO!

Check the opening post for the channel name it will be announced this Saturday.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I didnt understand, could you clairify please?

PM me gaming related questions. they must be in this format and one on each line:

QUESTION?*ANSWER

On Sunday join the IRC channel (yet to be announced) and play the trivia game. The winner receives an SCDSTWO!

Check the opening post for the channel name it will be announced this Saturday.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Bump we need more Qs!
The quiz starts tomorrow at 20:00GMT+0 I will update this thread with the channel name at 17:00GMT+0 tomorrow. ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE IN BY THIS TIME.

Currently there are around 15 people that have submitted so the card really is up for grabs!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a